Backstreet Boy

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Backstreet Boy

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Backstreet Boy

BSB will retire this year with an introductory fee of 50k. I've added to his discounts
  • If the mare you send him is a stakes winner or has produces a stakes winner I'll cut his fee in half
  • If the mare has produced a G2 or higher winner I'll refund the whole fee
  • If you're a New/Junior Player and you send him a stakes winner/producer I'll refund the whole fee
  • If you're a New/Junior Player I'll give you a slot for him for free, mare quality doesn't matter
Giveaway notes wrote:
With gallop comments for yearling being removed the headshot contest is being changed. If you work your BSB yearling on or before week 9 then you'll be entered in the drawing.

I'm also going to do a small giveaway for 5k GP. To enter post a screenshot of any hypo you've done with BSB. Really just a chance to get some hypo money back lol

As far as info on the boy himself
Catalog Page

24: 17-5-1 Race Record
$6,350,500 in earnings

9 G1 wins including three Stewards Cup wins.
5 Simmy wins including European Horse of the Year and North American Male Turf
Tied for the fastest 4f turf work ever, stopping the clock in 0:45.44

His pedigree is smoking hot! The amount of big name turf milers he's descended from/related to is kind of ridiculous

Sire: Between The Stars-Stud Book Link - Catalog Page
  • His progeny has earned 18.5 million on the track
  • He is the dam sire of 1.6 million dollar earner Filled With Pride. Shout out to Filled With Pride, whose sire Superbia is out of a half sister to BSB's dam; a good sign that BSB's lines like to cross with each other.
  • Son of Hall of Famers Distant Dream and Memento Mori
  • Sire Distant Dream is one of the best turf mile sires the game has ever seen, with an astonishing 17 millionaires to his name. As a Grandsire Distant Dream is related to 25 stakes winners, 2 of them millionaires
  • Memento Mori is the dam of Setapartthisdream, a horse who made a million dollars on the track and then produced two more millionaires.
  • Memento Mori's dam, Shalom, is a foundation mare; I'll just shorten it and say she's related to or produced many of the good things

Dam: Life is Strange - Catalog Page
  • Multiple Stakes winner
  • Of her other foals she has 4 that are stakes gallopers: Feed the Wolf and Ron Swanson are both stakes places, with Ron still running. Half Heart has produced 1 stakes and 2 allowances gallopers from 3 foals with one of allowance runners still a Late Bloomer. Keeping Your Head Up, BSB's yearling sister, went 0:45.99 for 4 furlongs and is still a Late Bloomer
  • Life is Strange is a full sister to two millionaires. Harden Your Heart producded 2 millionaires at sire. Love You Like That earned exactly 1.5 mil on the track
  • Sire Early Edition is an SC winning producer of 7 millionaires and overall amazing sire. Early Edition is the dam sire of 35 stakes winners, 7 of them millionaires.
  • Dam My Heart of Hearts produced 4 millionaires overall and is a foundation mare. Like Shalom she's related to or has produced many of the good things, with her daughter Paramour following closely in her footsteps.
  • As a second dam My Heart of Hearts is related to 19 stakes winners, 6 of them millionaires.
Last edited by Rebecca Rose Hepburn 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Backstreet Boy - Retiring

Updated! I decided BSB is still going to retire this year since I'd be super sad if he turns into allowance level after the year turns over or something. If I regret that choice next year then sorry future RRH, my bad. Giveaway changes have been added as well
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Backstreet Boy - Retired

Updating to say that BSB has retired! He's hypoing like a champ, I've gotten/heard of multiple flat A comments and I haven't gotten below an A- with him. Don't forget that if you post a screenshot of a hypo you've done with him you'll be entered to win 5k gp! I'll be drawing for that after the year turns over
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Congrats on a great career with this amazing horse!

Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

got an A+ w him and Wings Of Fire
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Ren Marston wrote: 1 year ago got an A+ w him and Wings Of Fire
Holy heck that's awesome! Can you post a screenshot of the hypo here so I can enter you in the contest? Plus then like staple it to the front of my Sim barn or something lmao
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 1 year ago
Ren Marston wrote: 1 year ago got an A+ w him and Wings Of Fire
Holy heck that's awesome! Can you post a screenshot of the hypo here so I can enter you in the contest? Plus then like staple it to the front of my Sim barn or something lmao

he seems really cool, hopefully this filly is a hit!
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

BBcode hates me.

Here is the google photo link for my hypomate entry: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mxUE8cBEKtuWvoWT6
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Thanks to all of you who have used BSB this season! I'm keeping an eye on him and if he does hit the foal limit I'll add more slots for him.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

I used him with Bamboleo, who turned out to be a blue hen. The hypo was an A.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 1 year ago I used him with Bamboleo, who turned out to be a blue hen. The hypo was an A.
I am SUPER excited for that child!
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 1 year ago
Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 1 year ago I used him with Bamboleo, who turned out to be a blue hen. The hypo was an A.
I am SUPER excited for that child!
I am too! Combination of year 59 European champion 3yo filly and male. Even if the match doesn’t produce much, an A hypo deserves another shot. 😉
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Wow it's been a hot minute since I updated here. I've been pretty pleased with BSB's babies esp with the gallop adjustments. I've own 1 freak and 4 stakes by him anf the freak and 3 of the stakes horses are still Late Bloomers, so I'm excited to see what happens after the year turns over. If you had a horse by him improve after gallop changes let me know; I'm curious if anything is improving already.

As far as yearling workouts I'm gonna keep track but as of this post his daughter 61 Wings of Fire has the fastest workout with a 0:45.75 speed figure.

The headshot contest is over. I decided to draw 2 names instead of just 1 because why not. Congrats to Laura Ferguson who won with 61 Clever Mind and Katie Stepanian who won with 61 Race in the Stars! I'm sending over the Game Points now.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Backstreet Boy

Considering we're at the start of week 9 I'm pretty thrilled with how BSB's kids have been running. 12 winners so far and he's doing great on the First Crop rankings. Right now he's #1 in Turf Winners, Flat Stakes, Progeny Earnings, Percent Winners and Percent Stakes Winners. He's 4th in Average $ per runner behind 2 multi-type sires and Filled With Pride who is a cool guy that deserves a shout out. I'll be updating his ranking stats every couple of weeks since they'll pretty much guarenteed to be in flux as more and more horses debut and more stakes races are won.

A big congratulations to Ren Marston, her BSB filly Dreamfyre won a stakes race first out, great start to what I think will be a big career.

On my end I came into gallop changes with a lot of Late Bloomers and left with a lot of Late Bloomers lmao. I guess his offspring will have some longevity at least? I had one Stakes Late Bloomer go to Freak Peak in Spanish Sahara and an Allowance Late Bloomer go to Stakes in Hyena. My girl Heavy is the Crown, already a Freak, went to Peak, so no idea how much that'll help her until her next race.