31 year old mare survived foaling

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

31 year old mare survived foaling

Post by Stormy Peak »

:o
8-)
She the last living offspring of the Oversized Heart, a six time Grade 1 winner, he was owned by Lisa Strummer.
Oversized Heart

This is So Kind

I bred her to Mal, as he's a decent enough stallion and it didn't cost me anything. Oversized Heart did well at 1 1/4 miles to 1 1/2, and Mal's offspring seem to like the longer distances 1 1/2 miles+
Here's the filly:

She Has a Kind Heart

She's been languishing in my rather large broodmare barn and as I was poking around in there today, I saw she was my oldest mare. She's 'Good - that could surprise' type broodmare. So that's probably why I haven't used her for years.

Her only other foal, is now 13 years old, was a solid type racer, only ran her 4 times and she never earned any money, and she too is a 'Good' type broodmare.

Anyway, I'll probably, just for the fun of it, breed her again at age 32, maybe she will surprise me with something nice with this current foal or her next one. If not, I'll still enjoy the anticipation of getting a nice foal from such an ancient mare. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: 31 year old mare survived foaling

Post by Tan Gent »

She is so kind that she can live forever :)
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Vicki Johnson
Miler

Post by Vicki Johnson »

Better send her to a high risk OB! She has been hiding out in the pasture!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

This is inhumane. Not fair to that poor horse. Someone call peta. The devils work, he gon getcha.
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

It is always a lot of fun to bring back older SIM lines. I admire your patience and I think it is wonderful that you find ways to keep the game interesting. jX
(Edited to add)
I was reminded of my 2yo Turf Router named For Ara https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1477182 She has Banner (55) in the pedigree along with some really old SIM lines and double Tattered to boot. Ara was a "63 year old British woman who use to play SIM in the olden days.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

That's a lovely filly, Jon. : )

I came into the Sim around year 17, and I remember Banner being at legend level at that time, not only for being spectacular racer, but as a broodmare too. She ended up producing like 9 millionaires. Including one of my favorite stallions, Trafalgar.
Trafalgar is the grand sire of Summerland, your filly's sire. : )

Also, I *think* Ara is still in the game, but I don't recall seeing forum posts from her in some time. ???

I do enjoy bring old lines to the front...although, I kind of wonder if it's like pulling a Ford model T out, adding a few newer parts and then expecting it to keep up with the modern day Lamborghinis...lol.

Still, I do enjoy playing the game for the sheer fun of it, sometimes, even if it doesn't result in top notch horses. I really did get a big kick out of that 31 year old mare not dying...lol. I might send her to a high end stallion next year....again, just for the sheer fun of seeing what will happen....other than me probably losing money on the deal. :P
Hopefully, though, the Mal filly will be decent enough to earn some nice paychecks, and be at least a formidable type broodmare when she retires.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000