Stakes Winner for Lightout

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Stakes Winner for Lightout

Post by Melissa Mae »

I didn't actually expect to be writing this post until next SIM year but $8.4 million earner Lightout had a stakes winner (With Affection) earlier this week from his first juveniles AND had a G3 third place finisher (Lights Switch Off) today from his 3 winners (14 starters, though admittedly a fair few of those starters are out of mares I never should have bred to him)

Lightout was a good 2yo (he scored his first of 11 G1s in the London Times Trophy Week 16 of his juvenile year) but it's safe to say he was better at 3 (5 G1s) and 4 so I fully expect them to start running better at 3, and the "late bloomer" comments on many of my 2yos backs that up.

He's standing for $75,000 again this year, which hopefully will look like a deal after Week 16.

He has Kingdom of Lights in a G2 in Europe and With Affection is in Washington so it's safe to assume she's going to the Steward's Cup. With a little luck, all three of his winners thus far will have some blacktype by the end of the year. His full sister Lighton (I'm really clever at naming siblings) is also pointed toward the Steward's Cup so there could be another family update there - granted, I think 1 1/4 miles is a bit long for her but you don't win it if you don't try!