Ninjao Retired - Solid A Nicks

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Ninjao Retired - Solid A Nicks

Post by Lily Wilkins »

NINJAGO
Fee: $5,000

I love this guy, and I truly believe he is a quality stud prospect despite his somewhat dull record... And maybe he'll snap up a keystone win this year! He is by a Louisville Derby winner, and his damsire is a Louisville Derby winner; he was practically bred for the Derby, but unfortunately was born into an especially exceptional crop of colts. He was undefeated at two, never posting worse than a 90, showing both precocity and ability.
Notable horses that he has finished ahead of include:
Strange The Dreamer
Station Eleven
Harvester of Sorrows
Philadelphia Blue
Oscar
Last edited by Lily Wilkins 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Entering Stud This Year.

Post by Eric Gray »

He's a great one. I always know when he is in a field with Philadelphia Blue, Philly better be ready to run.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Ninjao Retired - $5,000 Fee

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Aaaaand he's been rage-retired after running like a donkey in the Pegasus Classic tonight. He nicks like the donkey that he is, but I figure his $5,000 fee is low enough for some to take the gamble. Enjoy!
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Just because I'm super annoying but have always loved this guy and want him to succeed, his best distance was 1 1/2 - 2 miles (marathoner). He only tried it once, in the Long Island Classic, where he finished third and beat some of the best of his generation (Oscar anyone!?) Give him a shot.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

The Steward wrote: ↑1 year ago Just because I'm super annoying but have always loved this guy and want him to succeed, his best distance was 1 1/2 - 2 miles (marathoner). He only tried it once, in the Long Island Classic, where he finished third and beat some of the best of his generation (Oscar anyone!?) Give him a shot.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53313&start=270#p456379

This is why my suggestion in the link above would be helpful.

Also, this kind of information is extremely valuable in breeding as well, but not every stallion is lucky enough to get this information communicated to the masses. It's not really fair that other stallions who may have underperformed on the track get this information broadcasted.

With that said, I'm always for getting as much information as possible, so I am grateful for this knowledge, just wish it was an option available to everyone/every horse.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

My question though is why should this information be given to us? Why can’t we as trainer take the initiative to try new things and figure it out?

Anyone who runs routers knows there are certain types that can’t get past 9f, certain types that are good enough to win at short or long and certain types that need at least 12 furlongs to to be competitive.

That is part of the challenge

I understand your frustration on fair or not when the steward decides to provide information on sone horses versus others, but that I feel is a completely different matter and should not cause the need to know this type of information on all horses.

I just don’t really agree that it’s necessary. But I guess if there is money to be made for the game I can see something like this coming eventually.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Thanks for the tip, i'm glad breeders will be able to make more informed decisions about who to send to him based on that info. I wish I had experimented more with longer distances with him, not sure why it didn't occur to me.
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Per usual, I don't think about the repercussions of actions. I saw a horse I wanted to make a statement on, and made it. It didn't feel dangerous to do so, since this horse is now retired and will never have a chance to reach its real track potential (which has nothing to do with stallion potential, the owner has already noted the "donkey" nicks). I will try not to make similar statements on at least retired horses in the future (although this is difficult to guarantee, as noted that broadcasts are often rife with this kind of information ie "why is this horse running at 10 furlongs when it shouldn't be?" etc.)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

I know this type of information was included in the Edge in the past (which I loved), but I know that was time consuming, but in the Edge, it seemed like all stallions had a chance at being discussed.

Apologies if I came off as critical, I was just trying to highlight why I personally think my suggestion is a good one.

I agree with what you’re saying Mr. Lord Rich as well.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Ninjao Retired - Solid A Nicks

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Now that i've cooled down from the other night and had a chance to nick him more, here's a breakdown of his current nicks:
Baby Shark Doo Doo (Formidable) B+
Fashion And Fame (Blue Hen) A-
I Defy Gravity (Star) A-
Mare Cognitum (Blue Hen) A
Take What You Can (Formidable) A-
Thunder Kingdom (Blue Hen) A
Dirty Little Secret (Blue Hen) A-
There Comes A Time (Star) A- - Same grade as Acid Test and Change Your Fate

With this particular group of mares, he appears to nick pretty much on par with his sire, but his fee is a fraction of the price!
He's now standing in Kentucky so his offspring can run in State-bred sponsored races at any of the state's multiple tracks.
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000