FFT Stallions Update - War Like Me is 13!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: FFT Stallions Update

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Just a quick note to not forget these nice guys who are actually nice.

The final roster for this season:

Atlas Falls - $30,000 - War Like Me x Stars That Fall - 1st or 2nd in 16 of his 21 races, multiple grade one winner, and from the power packed female family of Tempest. He has hypos in the range of Can't Take the Sky/Castles Crumble (so very good, but a notch below his freakish sire). Outstanding option to get the best lines my barn has to offer at an affordable price, and with a little more speed than his sire might provide.

Can't Take the Sky - $40,000 - Castles Crumble x Floral Bonnett - Quite small crops from his three to race, but he has Midsummer Derby winner Browncoat in his second crop and is quietly ranked very high in terms of freak percentage. Third straight sire line generation to win a Steward's Cup race and he's looking to make it four with one of his sons. Among other third crop sires, he stacks up very well in terms of average earnings per runner and stakes winner percentage (if you have SIMperior, check him out in the stud book). Still standing for an absolute bargain, multiple seasons Steward approved.

Dragon Reborn - $7,500 - Dragonfly x Sky Will Burn - By Triple Crown winner Dragonfly and from the golden female family of Tempest, this guy was as tough and hard knocking as they come. In 23 career starts, all in stakes races and all but one of them graded, he was on the board in 18 and never once failed to pick up a check. He had a very small first crop, and I truly sent him a terribly mixed bag of mares, but I have a few late blooming allowance types with the breeding shed and insure comments tacked on. I do believe he prefers a speedier type mare, as the best yearlings I have are from mares with speedier influences in their pedigrees (Zero, St. Nicholas Day, All of Time, etc.) and the more stamina loaded mares I sent had lesser results.

Fade to Blue - $20,000 - There There There x Little Bit of Red - Another hard knocking overachiever, this multiple G1 winning champion pleasantly surprised me in his first small crop. I truly wish my TR mares were better to better support him, as I think he could be quite good. I have multiple yearlings working in the low 58 range, including one recently in 57.96, and none are mature. Was also Steward approved in his first crop!

Wayward Son - $10,000 - You Are Not Alone x Maps From Memory - The ONLY dirt route millionaire stallion from the sire line of the great You Are I Am currently standing, and from the female family of the lovely Hallowed Halls, he has a graded stakes winner already from his very tiny first crop. I've done an even worse job of supporting this remarkably versatile guy than some of the others, and that's saying something. Graded stakes winner from 1 1/16 to 2 miles, including G1 wins at 1 1/4 and 2 miles! All of his first three seasons Steward approved!

War Like Me - $100,000 - Farseer x Lady So Divine - Saved the best for last, and there's still a good chunk of his slots waiting for later this week, so never fear that you've missed out. There's not much to say that hasn't been said about this horse. An outstanding racehorse in his own right, he continues to produce major race winners and big earners every single year. Thus far, he seems to be a bit biased toward fillies, but that hasn't stopped me or others from getting nice colts from him. He is even *already* the damsire of a graded stakes winner. Expect the balance of the remaining slots for this year to open sometime Friday or Saturday for the end of year breeding crunch.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

War Like Me has no more slots left for the season. Thank you to everyone who supported him and the other guys this year :)

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Stud fees have been adjusted, some up and some down, as follows:

Atlas Falls - $20,000
Can't Take the Sky - $35,000
Dragon Reborn - Pensioned
Fade to Blue - $15,000
Wayward Son - $15,000
War Like Me - $125,000

I really don't think you can find better deals than Can't Take the Sky and Fade to Blue anywhere, even despite recent claims that some other sires are the best hypoing TR bargains ;) (hint: try Blue, because he has better hypos than any but the very top tier, very expensive sires). Both hypo extremely well in their divisions and I am very pleased with the foals I have from them at this point in their respective careers, including a Midsummer Classic winner from "Mal" and a sub-58 working now-2yo for "Blue". I have woefully under-supported all of my boys not named War Like Me, and that is not a reflection on their quality. I don't keep junk around for very long, so take a look at these guys this season. I am probably selling them very short with these fees, but they need a little attention, y'all.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Outstanding debuts night for the First Faith stallion brigade!

War Like Me already has 7 juvenile winners, including the absurdly fast Master of Deception and two others in the top 15 speed figures among DR two year olds. Congrats, Gavin, on such an incredible looking colt!

Can't Take the Sky has four juvenile winners of his own, including two more of the top 15 fastest debut SFs.

Fade to Blue's first freak, Janie Blu, stormed home from the far outside post to notch the 2nd fastest SF of any TR filly thus far.

Such good boys.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Absolutely outstanding week for my two big boys. War Like Me added another THREE Stewards' Cup winners to his tally with Owl Go to War, Look in Your Eye and We Remain. Can't Take the Sky got his first thanks to a monster performance by Browncoat in the Marathon (seriously, he was only .04 slower than War Like Me's 2nd fastest Marathon ever, and only .15 off the fastest run by The King), as well as an additional G1 winner from his juvenile son Sky Squared.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Wanted to put this out there before I forgot. Atlas Falls may be something serious, himself. I bred a whole six mares to him this past year, only one particularly fancy, and he churned out three late blooming stakes of the six.

With all the attention his sire gets, as well as Can't Take the Sky throwing freaks left and right for me, wanted to make sure to get the spotlight on the little guy for a second.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Can't Take the Sky's kids had a great night for my barn, with his three year old Mississippi winning his graded stakes debut in just his second start (defeating a stakes winner by War Like Me) and Browncoat coming within a head of Henry in the G1 Gladiator.

The latter impressed the daylights out of me, running that well as a deep closer in a mostly paceless looking race and coming off a 2 mile race in his last start. He is heading to Dubai to join my War Like Me son, Warlike Heart, in the World Cup.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

As of now, there are 7 entrants in the Desert World Cup, with I'm sure at least a couple more coming. But 4 of those current 7 are sired by either War Like Me or Can't Take the Sky ;)

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Y65 FFT Stallions Update

Post by Erin Sanderson »

With the height of breeding season upcoming, just wanted to update my Year 65 roster of stallions.

War Like Me is, of course, still the headliner. This exceptional boy is in the twilight years of his stud career. This season has seen son Master of Deception win three G1s, including the Baltimore Crown and Midsummer Classic, daughter War Like You take 2 more G1s, including the Saudi Distaff, son And Then We Danced take his 5th career G1 in the James Bond Memorial, Diamond Dopey win the Arcadia Million, Niyyah win the Long Island Acorn, Emptiness Man and Mission Commander take G1s on the Triple Crown trail, and already 19 juvenile winners. Ranking at or near the top of almost every single category in the Stud Book and crossing well on a wide variety of mares with top class hypo grades, you really can't go wrong. Stud fee for Year 65 is $125,000.

Can't Take the Sky is a very respectable stallion in his own right. With smaller crops, and often lesser quality mares, than his stablemate, he has a millionaire in each of his first two crops in Steward's Cup Marathon and Midsummer Classic winner Browncoat and Desert Marathon winner Connor. This season, Sky Squared has become his latest multiple G1 winner, earning his second in the Puerto Rico Crown. Solid hypos and an outcross pedigree, as well as proven results with especially difficult lines like Heart of the Storm and Doctor, should make this guy an attractive option at an affordable fee of $45,000.

Browncoat is a recent retiree. I poorly managed his five year old season, so don't hold his record this year or early retirement against him. A multimillionaire, Browncoat won 10 of his 20 starts, including the Steward's Cup Marathon and Midsummer Classic, and defeated or ran right with some of the best of his generation. He is also a fourth consecutive generation Steward's Cup winner (his sire, grand sire, and great grand sire all also captured SC races). Brilliance enough to win graded events at 8 1/2 and 9 furlongs, toughness to be a multiple G1 winner at 10 furlongs, and the stamina to win the Marathon, along with heart and soundess (he is both brave and sound), as well as hypos all the way to A+, what's not to love? Introductory fee of $30,000.

Forte is one of my newest additions. A real life champion, Forte garners flat A to A+ nicks with my DR and AWR mares, in line with some of the best in both divisions. I have precious few miler mares, though I've heard that those nicks are very solid, also. He checked very sound and interested in racing. This guy is an excellent outcross option for AWR, AWM, DR and DM mares and is standing for the game set fee of $50,000.

Atlas Falls is one of the only sons of War Like Me that will be available this season at stud, and honestly, the results I got from him from a very limited and under performing set of mares blew me away. I sent six mares, most of them decent at best, to him this last season and got three late blooming stakes gallopers. He has two freaks currently, and I expect more as his foals mature, as well as a very respectable percentage of stakes or better gallopers overall. Hailing from my excellent Tempest female family, he represents the best bloodlines that my barn has to offer top to bottom, with nicks to A+, at only $20,000.

Fade to Blue may be exceptionally underrated. From only 14 runners, he has 9 winners and a graded stakes winner in his first two crops, and hypos that match up with many more expensive stallions. By the excellent and reliable There There There, he is out of a half sister to Brilliance, Like Diamonds, Leopard, etc. Champion 3yo in Asia, he overachieved by a mile as a stakes galloper. He is both sound and brave. At only $15,000, definitely worth a gamble.

Wayward Son is the only son of You Are Not Alone at stud, as well as a graded stakes producer. A tough multiple G1 winning millionaire that won stakes from 8 1/2 furlongs to 2 miles and from the ages of 2 to 5, he more than earned a spot on the stallion roster. He boasts an outcross pedigree and hypos just a tick or two below the best in the business. I have done a very poor job of supporting him with low quality mares, but he's still managed a respectable percentage of stakes or better gallopers. Currently stands for a low fee of $7,500.

All of the above boys are Steward approved multiple times over except for the two newest additions Browncoat and Forte. Happy breeding!

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

All War Like Me slots but what I plan to use are now open. Happy breeding!

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

11 winners from 14 runners now for Fade to Blue. Give the little guy a shot, and you won't be sorry! He has also sired one of my best TR yearlings from my mare Chainbreaker with works in sub 58 for 5f on turf :)

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Quick note that War Like Me is now 13. This is his FINAL FULL SEASON at stud. If there is enough interest, I will expand his book this season.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: FFT Stallions Update - War Like Me is 13!

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Just another quick note that Can't Take the Sky got multiple freaks again in his small-ish yearling crop, including one of the top 2 fastest working yearling fillies, Laiken! There are 3 total fillies that account for 19 of the 20 fastest times for their gender/age at 5 furlongs, and War Like Me has one of the others with my How Did You Love.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: FFT Stallions Update - Y66 In Review

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Quick year in review for these boys, with favorite crosses for the ones that have significant enough sample sizes:

Atlas Falls got several new freaks and his first two graded stakes winners with 3yo Obsidian Throne (Kingdom Come) and 2yo Wildfire Lies (Dave Matthews Band). Overall, he now has 13 winners from his very small first two crops, including the newest addition to that list, my own Save a Wish (Castles Crumble) that just also joined the freak list. Steward approved in every crop. Standing for $20,000.

Browncoat had, in my opinion, a stellar first crop, with 7 stakes gallopers out of only 32 yearlings (nearly 22%!) and overall more than 52% allowance or better. All of my own stakes from him are either progressive or late bloomer, so there will be improvement in the future. I'm eager to learn which will be his first official freaks. Steward approved both this seasona and last. Standing for $30,000.

Can't Take the Sky had a bit of a rough three year old crop, but things are looking up. His four year old Sky Squared (Follow Your Fate) grabbed a couple more stakes wins and placings, and several late blooming two year olds are entering their three-year-old years as freaks. He also had one of the top two fastest working yearling fillies of the year with Laiken (Delirium) who worked 5 panels in 56.62 on three occasions. He is outstanding with Heart of the Storm lines, and very solid with Dave Matthews Band, Prince Louder/Hold Above, Keefer, Mr. Wonderful and Doctor/Allonsy. A dozen Steward-bred foals in his eight crops. Standing for $40,000.

Fade to Blue gained a pair of grade one performers when When I Get There (Lightout) finished third in the Wonder Why Stakes and Janie Blue (Summerland) was third in the City of Gold Cup. The latter added another graded stakes win and two more graded placings to her career tally this season. His Shatter the Silence (Pinatubo) also broke her maiden at first asking and garnered a SIMperior Edge mention in the Rising Stars section. She will enter her sophomore season as a freak. This is his fifth crop with only 117 total foals. Poor guy is in a barn that just has a weak turf route division, but he has been Steward approved every single year. Standing for $15,000.

Forte had a typical real life stallion first crop, with solid gallop numbers. Hasn't lit the world on fire yet, but it's only his first crop and we're feeling out exactly what he likes to sire best. He had more DR stakes gallopers than others, but did get stakes in AW route and dirt mile, as well. Steward approved for both dirt route and mile. Standing for $35,000.

War Like Me is coming to the end of his career. He will be 14 next season, so this is likely his last full year at stud. He sits atop nearly every category in the dirt route stallion rankings and to list all the recent accomplishments of his foals would take more time than I have at the moment, but here are a few highlights: Lightlark (Blue Bayou) grabbed more G1 wins, this time ranging from 9 to 16 furlongs and became his latest millionaire; Don Karnage (James Dean) began his career 3 for 3 and became his sire's latest G1 winner before falling just short in the Steward's Cup Juvenile; Master of Deception (Allonsy) took the Saudi Cup before an early retirement; Owl Go to War (James Dean) added 2 more G1 races to her tally, as well as a placing in the Saudi Distaff; and Diamond Dopey (James Dean) scored in the Desert Marathon. Crosses exceptionally consistently with Doctor/Doctor Who/Merlin lines (although a bit more hit or miss with Allonsy and Dave Matthews Band, perhaps due to the large numbers of each he's seen?), as well as After the Disco/Mr. Wonderful, Parts Unknown/Prince Louder, Happy This Way, Kingdom Come and James Dean. Steward approved, obviously! Standing for $150,000.