What would you do if you were me

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

What would you do if you were me

Post by J.P Dogood »

So I have this mare Meru (https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1313308) she is the belle of my whole sim ball.

Grade 1 Winner
BSF: 95
Hypo's A- across the board so far
Progeny are Allowance prog (by Owlpha Romeo) and Allowance LB (by DMB)

I want to continue to send her to top stallions and likely is the only mare I am going to spend top money on. Her pedigree is not great so finding successful crosses is unlikely.

Do I go super high end like Mr. Wonderful, War Like Me
Do I save myself some money and go Parts Unknown, or Unmerciful
or do I wait for the new boys to see how they hypo -- Kryptonite, Steamboat Willie

I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: What would you do if you were me

Post by Cleo Patra »

With a mare like her (clearly super talented but quirky pedigree), I’d stick with what is proven for fillies and save the experimental/new sire crosses for colts.

For a filly I’d be checking the 2yo and 3yo filly rankings to see who is siring the top earners, most stakes winners etc. You want to check for young fillies specifically because this pedigree needs an injection of speed (IMO) and stallions pumping out good fillies usually have a pretty decent speed influence (filly races being basically all 8.5-9 furlongs).

Where if you are going for a colt you still want that speed injection but because she has an unusual pedigree you’ll hit BIG if the colt turns out awesome. Outcross stallions are worth their weight in gold if they happen to be decent in the shed. She has the kind of pedigree to toss a TCT type colt or two, so I think it’s definitely worth trying something less proven for a colt or two once you’ve already got a proven foal or two on the ground and can afford to experiment.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Look at the pedigree and hypo for Poet's Corner, works to bring the Skyfall forward and might be one of the better linebreeding crosses available from a limited supply of those
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Her pedigree definitely suggests that she's got loads of stamina, so let's add a little speed into the mix.
If she were mine, I would go experimental this season; she's young and has plenty of breeding years left. So, with that said, Best Revenge is who she would be going to.
She already threw an Allowance Bloomer with DMB, so we know the sire line is a relatively good fit. Best Revenge has enough speed influence to throw milers, but has enough routing influence to be a Derby winner. Colt or filly, I don't think you can go wrong with the pairing.

Two other good options, in my opinion, are another date with DMB or wait for Kryptonite to retire. There's always risk sending the big mare in your barn to a freshman sire though, no matter how good he was on the track.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

I do want to go filly this year especially since the first two were colts. I agree with everyone when it comes to the speed comment. I always trusted her at distance but if any of her foals are going to be top contenders the influx of speed would be nice. I definitely can't afford sending her to DMB again. Jon was very generous last year and gave me two spots for next to nothing. I likely will max out at 100k for her foal (im down under a mil so need to be conscientious)

Both Kryptonite and Steamboat Willie has speed figures over 100 but the new stallion thing does worry me.

In the workout times War Like Me keeps popping up which fits my first notion but Follow Your Fate also comes up a lot. Though he is pensioned, his sons Private Affair (who sired juvenile winner Ted Lasso) and American Icon (BSF: 104) both stand and seem interesting.

In terms of Best Revenge, the pedigree is beautiful but should I be concerned with a mare who much prefers longer distance being sent to a stallion who preferred mile and short DR? or is this more common than I am thinking.

Thoughts?
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

He's another unproven freshman, but I got an A hypo for Meru with Valley of Fire. He's speedy and could carry it at least 9 furlongs. Give him a look!