Interesting hypo

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Interesting hypo

Post by J.P Dogood »

I have this formidable mare https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1040019 that very clearly looks like an all weather router. Her progeny are very underwhelming but I love her pedigree. I noticed a previous owner hypo’d her to some low end dirt routers and got a flat B.

For S&Gs I hypo’d her to valley of fire and she got a B+ Which is as high as any AWR cross she has. Im definitely considering sending her to a dirt stud but would love some dirt/AW ability. Anyone know of any DR studs who have potential on AW?
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: Interesting hypo

Post by Tim Matthews »

I wouldn't try her with a dirt stud. She's got a very talented dam who unfortunately didn't produce well (EDIT: looks like she's had success as a second dam), but with a pedigree like that you never know when something good could pop up. I'd try to breed a filly from a reputable AWR stud.

If you really want to try dirt, you might be best served going with a GP option, like Into Mischief.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

i'd try her with Order Restored
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mitole could be an option. You’d get the AWR but you might get a small amount of DR in there too which could potentially be passed on down the line.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

All good options. I’m noticing with a lot of the GP sires that it looks like a lot who have dirt/AW ability is mostly at mile which is tough
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Longbird is stronger at AW/turf versatility but he's got a dash of dirt there too. At least you'll get a good dose of AWR even if the dirt doesn't carry over.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago Longbird is stronger at AW/turf versatility but he's got a dash of dirt there too. At least you'll get a good dose of AWR even if the dirt doesn't carry over.
I thought about longbird a lot here cause I think on paper it makes the most sense but all of the foals by trahan mares to longbird are reeeeaaallll disappointing. I guess thats no surprise since Trahan isnt a good broodmare sire in general but still. This mare has had nothing higher than productive out of four foals all to AWR sires. I am genuinely thinking about finding a more DR heavy stud with some AW instead of the other way around just to see. Unfortunately, the DR division is so highly and specifically bred, this isnt really a thing
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Is there any tr ability with this mare? I have a cool blue hen tr mare, that has smoulders as a dam sire which is weird but similar to trahan.
;p
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago Is there any tr ability with this mare? I have a cool blue hen tr mare, that has smoulders as a dam sire which is weird but similar to trahan.
oddly enough no. She has two TR hypo's that are C+ to both Reddington and Light Up Light Up.

I cant figure out how to get a screenshot in, but here is how everything looks on my end.

Horse Flat Steeplechaser
Advance to Go B+ C+
D's Tapeta B+ C
Dragon Temple B+ C
Fancy Shoes B C
Judge of Time B C
Light Up Light Up C+ C
Reddington C+ C
Valley of Fire B+ C
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1221240

This is the mare I was referring too. Obviously tr sire side. Dam side is crazy. You would think with your mare there would be some tr but instead it has chosen chaos.

Saltwater fury has a- hypos tr but c+ dr
;p
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

Your mare looks to have a fair bit of versatile dirt influence with Quidditch, Smoulders, and Yes which might explain the hypo. I doubt Valley of Fire has secret AW ability, and I don't think a pure dirt router is the way to go either. My strategy would be to try our newer versatile real life stallions: Constitution, Tiz the Law, Omaha Beach or his son Pismo Beach. But I have trouble trying to get anything useful out of my old line AW router mares too.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

My hypo to valley was moreso to see if she was going to hypo well to any DR it would be the one hypoing the best right now. The AWR division worries me a lot cause all there really is right now is avacas and Franzia. Sooner or later all our mares in that division will be from those two guys. My mare already laid an egg with Franzia so that’s what originally drove me to look into DR.

My biggest gripe with any of the GP sires is that a lot just aren’t that good. I like Omaha beach a lot in this game but he’s really more of a miler. Mitole is a decent option but seems best as DS. I’m afraid if I breed to Mitole I’m going to just have one very confused foal
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

J.P Dogood wrote: 1 year ago My hypo to valley was moreso to see if she was going to hypo well to any DR it would be the one hypoing the best right now. The AWR division worries me a lot cause all there really is right now is avacas and Franzia. Sooner or later all our mares in that division will be from those two guys. My mare already laid an egg with Franzia so that’s what originally drove me to look into DR.

My biggest gripe with any of the GP sires is that a lot just aren’t that good. I like Omaha beach a lot in this game but he’s really more of a miler. Mitole is a decent option but seems best as DS. I’m afraid if I breed to Mitole I’m going to just have one very confused foal
Marque is a son of his and he’s best at TR and AWR with some other extra things, but his dam is really just TR so I think he does more than you think.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
J.P Dogood wrote: 1 year ago My hypo to valley was moreso to see if she was going to hypo well to any DR it would be the one hypoing the best right now. The AWR division worries me a lot cause all there really is right now is avacas and Franzia. Sooner or later all our mares in that division will be from those two guys. My mare already laid an egg with Franzia so that’s what originally drove me to look into DR.

Marque is a son of his and he’s best at TR and AWR with some other extra things, but his dam is really just TR so I think he does more than you think.
I guess what I’m trying to talk myself through is do I lean more towards dirt ability and less AW if she’s never produced anything at AW? Or am I looking at this the wrong way?
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I think keep in mind that you're getting B+ to the absolute highest-hypoing DR stud in the game. That's roughly where unpredictable DR mares are hypoing. So you have a mare who is unpredictable at DR, without any strong DR pedigree to help her out in that department. AWR stallions in general haven't reached the breeding ability that DR has, if the AWR studs were at the same level that VoF is then she would probably be hypoing better with them.

I'm not going to discourage you from playing with versatility, but I do not think she is going to produce better DR than AWR. You could send her to VoF and get a maybe versatile foal with a similar ability level as her previous AWR foals. You could send her to a cheaper DR stud (with lesser hypos), and get a lesser foal. You could use a horse like Mitole or Longbird and keep your fingers crossed you at least get AWR ability and maaaybe a dash of DR (which is unlikely to be competitive but maybe start some versatile pedigree for possible competitiveness further down the line). Or keep going pure AWR until she hits. Or she just might not be a useful mare, always a possibility.
Last edited by Shannon Hunt 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE