Interesting hypo

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Interesting hypo

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Astro
;p
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Oooor. Send her to some really obscure AWR studs for colts, hope you get a huge slide, own the outcross stud of the generation once the Franzia/Avacas takeover is complete.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I'd look for AWR with some turfy pedigree lines, but not necessarily multi-surface. Agoura + Trahan is also going to be stamina heavy, so finding a quicker stud would also be in your interest. Echoing the earlier statements - stay away from straight dirt.

Sadly Treatable was the worst offspring of Agoura. :( But her sisters are doing well as broodmares. Moorpark is a Steward bred by turfy Gleneagles who produced milers and routers; War on Love was a "stakes" by Wizarding War, a good multi-surface w/ turfy lines; Abashiri and On Safari gave me "allowance", with Burning Hills being a blue hen mare and dam of "stakes" horses Retsina (Franzia) and Wildfire Run (Advance to Go, another turf/steeplechase); Highland Reel, Staphanos, and Yoshida were all RL turfy pedigrees that gave me "allowance" and I want to say star/formidable mares; Alizia is by Jacques, who has very nice multi-surface/turfy pedigree and she was a "stakes", now blue hen mare.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago I think keep in mind that you're getting B+ to the absolute highest-hypoing DR stud in the game. That's roughly where unpredictable DR mares are hypoing. So you have a mare who is unpredictable at DR, without any strong DR pedigree to help her out in that department. AWR stallions in general haven't reached the breeding ability that DR has, if the AWR studs were at the same level that VoF is then she would probably be hypoing better with them.

I'm not going to discourage you from playing with versatility, but I do not think she is going to produce better DR than AWR. You could send her to VoF and get a maybe versatile foal with a similar ability level as her previous AWR foals. You could send her to a cheaper DR stud (with lesser hypos), and get a lesser foal. You could use a horse like Mitole or Longbird and keep your fingers crossed you at least get AWR ability and maaaybe a dash of DR (which is unlikely to be competitive but maybe start some versatile pedigree for possible competitiveness further down the line). Or keep going pure AWR until she hits. Or she just might not be a useful mare, always a possibility.

This is a very good point about VoF so I tried a tiny bit more and got a flat B to Casanova and a B+ to Private affair.

So it is probably along the lines of “A” and “S” tier DR stallions she would be fine with but anything lower than that isn’t worth it whereas the already weaker AWR studs will achieve a similar result
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

P.S. Considering she was only a "claimer" on the track and now "formidable" in the shed, I don't think you're going to get stellar racing offspring. Instead I'd look for opportunities to breed her up by sending her to classy pedigree sires for fillies and hope to carry the damside forward.

P.P.S. I'd definitely try Order Restored. On Safari had the best stakes winning offspring with Trahan as a damsire, and I love love love getting as many SC Matron winners in a pedigree as I can (see Revival). Additionally, look for Live the Dream lined sires, as that'll copy Namine's pedigree and he did very well with turfy-lined crosses.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Madelene Gilbert wrote: 1 year ago P.S. Considering she was only a "claimer" on the track and now "formidable" in the shed, I don't think you're going to get stellar racing offspring. Instead I'd look for opportunities to breed her up by sending her to classy pedigree sires for fillies and hope to carry the damside forward.

P.P.S. I'd definitely try Order Restored. On Safari had the best stakes winning offspring with Trahan as a damsire, and I love love love getting as many SC Matron winners in a pedigree as I can (see Revival). Additionally, look for Live the Dream lined sires, as that'll copy Namine's pedigree and he did very well with turfy-lined crosses.
Yea I’m not expecting anything crazy out of her offspring but serviceable would be nice. I guess I’m very jaded with AWR studs so when I saw this possibility my mind ran with it
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Wanted to give this a quick update, though all suggestions made plenty of sense, I ignored them all and got this girl https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1614093

She's a productive LB which, quite frankly, I am relatively happy with all things considered. My only other foal by the dam was by Franzia and got a claimer for the record.

I think I am going to keep sending her (https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1040019) to DR studs. I may only get one more foal out of her so I would like it to be another fun cross so I am open to any and all DR suggestions. As of right now she hypos B+ to VoF, Parts Unknown, and Private Affair
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Updated update…

Ran a few more DR hypos,
DMB: B+
Twelve days of Xmas: B+
Can’t take the sky: B
Poet’s corner: B

This is to go with last years DR hypo’s of,
VoF: B+
Casanova: B
Private affair: B+
Parts Unknown: B+

I have no idea why some are B+ and some aren’t I can’t see any common thread other than obviously DMB/twelve days
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

J.P Dogood wrote: 1 year ago Updated update…

Ran a few more DR hypos,

I have no idea why some are B+ and some aren’t I can’t see any common thread other than obviously DMB/twelve days
It just has to do with how well the stud in question hypos. Christopher Robin will hypo B+, for example. Moon House will hypo B. There's a heirarchy.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Tim Matthews wrote: 1 year ago

Ran a few more DR hypos,

It just has to do with how well the stud in question hypos. Christopher Robin will hypo B+, for example. Moon House will hypo B. There's a heirarchy.
I typically agree but I sort of view private affair on par with poets corner(?). Last year with parts unknown I based it off of him having around 50% allowance or higher? Do I save myself money and go private affair because of the higher hypo or say * it let’s see just how good of a sure DMB is? As I said you name a sire that we think can get a B+ and I’ll take it into serious consideration
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

J.P Dogood wrote: 1 year ago
Tim Matthews wrote: 1 year ago

Ran a few more DR hypos,

I typically agree but I sort of view private affair on par with poets corner(?). Last year with parts unknown I based it off of him having around 50% allowance or higher? Do I save myself money and go private affair because of the higher hypo or say * it let’s see just how good of a sure DMB is? As I said you name a sire that we think can get a B+ and I’ll take it into serious consideration
In my experience, Private Affair hypos better than Poet's Corner. That does not mean that he is the necessarily better stud, nor does it mean he is the right choice for a particular mare. If a mare hypos B to one stud and B+ to another, that does not mean that the B+ is necessarily the better cross. That just shows that that mare's cutoff threshold for B/B+ is somewhere in that heirarchy between those two studs.

For instance, if you had this mare when Gladiator was around, I would wager that he would hypo B. However, you'd likely be much better off breeding her to Gladiator than to Twleve Days of Xmas, who hypos B+.

Further consider this example: I have a mare who hypos A to Man in Motion and A to Dave Matthews Band. DMB is still the better stud even though they have identical grades for this mare. It is just that her threshold for A- is lower down the stud heirarchy than Man in Motion.

However, for this specific mare, I'd emphasize what Madelene Gilbert (an AW legend) said earlier in the thread - it may be wise to stay away from dirt studs. Her pedigree for dirt is very weak. It seems more likely that she would be able to throw something usable in AWR. In my experience, spending significant money in DR on a formidable mare with a nick no higher than B+ has never yielded anything of note for me. But, there are always exceptions. Best of luck, and have fun! :)
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’