Breeding and layaway

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Breeding and layaway

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I am going to expand what I offered last breeding season as follows:

Lease me any TB hens or stars that you don't have the time or money to breed. I will do some research, choose a sire, and breed the mare at my expense. Once this is done I will return the mare and explain why I picked the mating I did. At that point you have until Week 4 to buy the foal back from me for the stud fee. If you do not want the foal, or you fail to buy it by the end of Week 4, I will pay you the equivalent amount and keep the foal. None of the mares will be bred to my stallion.

Example:

Someone sends me a TR mare, which I breed to There There There for $35,000. The owner of the mare has until week 4 to purchase that foal for $35,000 or else I will send them $35,000 and keep the foal. That easy. You get to save time and don't have to worry about having all of the money at once and I, if I pick wisely, get to earn breeder fees.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeding and layaway

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Oh, very interesting! I might take you up on this with a few mares
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Do you have a limit as to how many mares you would be willing to accept?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Lori Hamill wrote: 1 year ago Do you have a limit as to how many mares you would be willing to accept?
lol eventually yeah, not there yet
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Will you tell us the gallop/yearling comments or no?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

J.P Dogood wrote: 1 year ago Will you tell us the gallop/yearling comments or no?
It’ll be a foal? Or I’m reading it wrong
;p
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Oh. I guess if you don’t buy it back right away it won’t be a foal anymore
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I will not gallop these, so no. I just breed them and put them up immediately for private sale with notes about the mating. At that point, I won't check them again until the end of week 4 and if they are still around I will name them and train them at that point.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago I will not gallop these, so no. I just breed them and put them up immediately for private sale with notes about the mating. At that point, I won't check them again until the end of week 4 and if they are still around I will name them and train them at that point.
I could see where someone would leave it with you until preseason and if you galloped it as claimer or something they could say I don’t want it and just don’t buy it back.
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago
Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 year ago I will not gallop these, so no. I just breed them and put them up immediately for private sale with notes about the mating. At that point, I won't check them again until the end of week 4 and if they are still around I will name them and train them at that point.
I could see where someone would leave it with you until preseason and if you galloped it as claimer or something they could say I don’t want it and just don’t buy it back.
Yep- which is why I don't gallop.

I think a lot of people will just buy the foal right away if they want it, providing what they lack is time and not money or if they just have too many. Some will wait until Week 4, and that is fine, but it also means they don't get to unwrap their surprise at Festivus and are missing those early weeks of getting longing and schooling out of the way. So it is a tradeoff.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Hi. Just sent you 11 hens. Thanks. jX
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Jon Xett wrote: 1 year ago Hi. Just sent you 11 hens. Thanks. jX
Having fun with these, thank you!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Breeding and layaway- updated

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Update:

36 mares have been bred, with 5 more waiting to flirt with some SC boys before making their final decisions. Most people have elected to buy their foals straight away and I am getting some PMs wanting to know if the program is still available. It is, but I can take maybe another 20 mares and would need to have them by 11pm SIM time on Monday evening.

Thus far the layaway gals have visited:

American Icon
At The Summit
Backstreet Boy
Bennie and the Jets
Change Your Fate
Charlatan
Clark Kent
Complex Puzzle
Crayon
Federico Tesio
Fortrail
Franzia
Gun Runner
Holland Road
Hozier Daddy
Illegalist
Impacts
John Christopher
King of Fools
Longbird
Martyred
Matera Sky
Megapixels
Ninjago
Obsidian Fury
Parts Unknown
Private Affair
Promise Abounds
Spatula
Tithanos
Voodoo Youdo
Widerness
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I have to say, some of these are ew. Are you consider for studs to retire this year or only using studs with data?
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago I have to say, some of these are ew. Are you consider for studs to retire this year or only using studs with data?
Well if some are waiting for SC horses than obviously I am. And “ew” or not, the hypo works or it doesn’t. What is it with you that you cannot resist piling on with something negative?

Most people thought Chrome was “ew” when he gave me a SC winner. People weren’t high on IAm Right Here either, but he gave me my best. Follow your moniker and chill dude.