Too many unpredictables

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kara Kramer
Two Year Old

Too many unpredictables

Post by Kara Kramer »

I'm embarrassed to confess that, due to not taking the time I should have with this game, my racing and breeding barns are a mess! I have way too many unpredictable mares, and I don't know what to do with them. I don't have the money to keep so many of them, especially when I'd like to find or breed more formidables or higher.
Do unpredictables ever sell at auction? I wouldn't necessarily care if I only got a few dollars for them. Or would it make sense to send them to greener pastures? Is there a limit to how many horses we can send away in a given period of time?
Or, last option I can think of, should I bite the bullet and keep breeding at least some of these ladies in the desperate hope of getting a few good foals out of them?
I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Too many unpredictables

Post by Nicole Marie »

I tend to give unpredictables a shot - or I keep them around to breed to cheap studs to get colts (to balance out my filly/colt ratio so I don't have to pay GPs if there's a mare I really, really want a filly from). But if you can't afford that, you can always put them in sales for a couple of bucks (if they aren't already bred for the year) or ship them to a Kingswood farm, pension them, and then reserve to Rochelle.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Just send them to Greener Pastures if they are 5 or over unless they have a pedigree you like.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

unpredictables with a good pedigree may sell nice
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

I had 13 unpredictable this year - 4 produced allowances, 6 productives 1 solid 2 claimers

similar % wise to the other labels... for me at least
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Nice pedigree on this unpredictable:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horsedet ... ID=1490728

I didn't name her but I guess it sorta fits?