Warning: post contains corn.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Warning: post contains corn.

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Overlooked, underrated. A spark in the dark. A hidden gem, now freshly unearthed and presented here to bring some shine to your day.

His name is Lusteroflostthings. His game is turf route. Below, I present to you The Arguments.

Consider the pedigree.
Sire KITASAN BLACK. Sire of 25 stakes winners, including 5 millionaires, among them all-time earnings record holder Deputy Governor. Grandsire of 67 stakes winners, including 9 millionaires, several of which are already proven sires themselves (think Artilleryman and Mal). Damsire of 20 stakes winners, including 5 millionaires. No dead-end lineage here, he works his magic across generations. Put Kitasan Black in your pedigree and put money in your bank account.

Dam CHANDELIER. Winner of multiple G1 races, defeating the likes of With Flair and Black Comet. Producer of nearly $11 million in progeny earnings, including multiple G1 winner and Steward's Cup runner-up A Choice of Evils, Los Campeones winner Thunderclouds, and multiple G1 winning filly Residentials who is still tearing up the track. She ran well, she produces well.

Second dam XANEUM. Earned $953k on the track. Produced millionaires Elfreth's Alley (Desert Duty Free winner) and Xando. This blue blood runs through multiple generations.

Damsire SIDNEY. One of the absolute greatest turf routers of all time, both on the track and in the shed. If you have played the game long enough to figure out where the pedigrees are on the screen, you know him. If you're new to the game, you will soon know him.

A consistently classy pedigree culminating in a horse who was destined to run fast.

Consider the race results.
Ran 24 times and was on the board in 18 of those, winning 10. That's some lovely consistent work, a real reliable fella. He wasn't squeaking through baby races, either - his G1 wins include the Oceanside Derby, Virginia Turf Cup, Champion's Vase, and Virginia Derby. He ran third in the Steward's Cup Bunbury. In his career, he defeated millionaires like Time Takes Time, Always You, Take By Storm, The King's Horses, Favor, Danon Glorious, Hector, Museum Victories, Magnus, (take a second to breathe here), Classiest, Burreaux, Stranger Crusaders, Dancin Thru Fire, Get What You Get, (still going), Blackest Night, Monday, and Galenus, plus a bunch of other six-figure earning stakes winners. A precocious type doing his best work at 2 and 3 years; shrewd breeders might consider him as a nice counterpoint to those mares who took forever to reach their peak ability, or to sprinkle some extra spice on those early bloomers. Top speed figure of 94 and a tidy $1.5 million in the bank. Nice.

Consider the stud results.
Let's be clear, though he is a lover of mares of all shapes and sizes, he has seen quite a few plebeian ladies. Mostly used as an in-house clean-up stud, he received zero promotion upon retirement, doesn't have the fancy headshot popping up on various sim pages, and is really just hanging out in his corner waiting to be discovered. Which he needs to be - he has multiple stakes gallopers despite the modest support, and I, a certified breeding moron, have gotten a very reliable runner by him using such modest support. That runner is labeled "breeding shed", by the way, and it may be that his greatest strength is as a damsire - he has 25% stakes gallopers in that category.

Consider the economy.
Inflation hitting your barn hard? In a division featuring some hefty fees, we counter with a modest $25,000. Tax free!

Consider the bribe.
I'm in the mood for sugar, so let's sweeten this deal. 50% of income earned from his fees this year will be pooled and raffled out to one of his supporters. Breed a turf route mare to him, get one ticket. Mares who are TR graded stakes winners or producers get three tickets.

Consider the personality.
His goat is named Goober. They are best friends.

🌽
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Warning: post contains corn.

Post by Stormy Peak »

Tonight or tomorrow, I'll look through my line of 'Foremost' mares and see how some of them pair up with him. I might even be able to get some Sidney x Sidney in the back generations of a few foals :D Maybe even get Kitasan Black to show up on the top an bottom of the pedigree too. I use to send a number of my mares to Sidney when ever I could.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Corn
I have a stable full of cats
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I like corn
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ok,

I decided to give him a real shot, and sent one of my nicer Foremost blue hens to him.
Into Shadows, has foaled 1 freak, 1 stakes, and 3 allowances...and those three - one has retired and is a blue hen. The other two, are still young, and could upgrade, not sure though as they don't belong to me.

This is my filly by Lusteroflostthings x Into Shadows....and I managed to breed one that has no inbreeding :P

Goodbye Yesterday

------------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago Ok,

I decided to give him a real shot, and sent one of my nicer Foremost blue hens to him.
Into Shadows, has foaled 1 freak, 1 stakes, and 3 allowances...and those three - one has retired and is a blue hen. The other two, are still young, and could upgrade, not sure though as they don't belong to me.

This is my filly by Lusteroflostthings x Into Shadows....and I managed to breed one that has no inbreeding :P

Goodbye Yesterday

------------
Stormy
Fingers crossed she turns out fantastic for you, I love the name!!
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Coming up on 100k in the raffle pool. Forgot to mention this guy has been Steward approved!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

One last bump for this guy, 150k in the giveaway pool. Give him a shot, he may surprise you!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago
Ok,

Goodbye Yesterday

------------
Stormy
My filly, Goodbye Yesterday, galloped STAKES LATE BLOOMER : )

-------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

That's fantastic, Stormy! Good luck with her.

I've put all the raffle tickets into random.org and lucky Laurel is the winner with her Rain Sparkle filly. Laurel please send me a lease for $150,000 :)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Laurel, Congrats!

And Shannon, thanks for the time and effort in doing this. I'm happy I got a stakes filly out of it.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Thank you, Shannon!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 40k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 20k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 7.5k
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago
Consider the economy.
Inflation hitting your barn hard? In a division featuring some hefty fees, we counter with a modest $25,000. Tax free!
I don't know why but OMG this made me laugh so hard it started a coughing fit. **Tax free** :D :D :D
Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago Consider the personality.
His goat is named Goober. They are best friends.
This is almost as good. :D :D :D

I do my breeding early and I only just saw this, but in the notes for next season.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I have heard about a "goomer" but what is a goober?
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...