What do you do with your multi mares?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

What do you do with your multi mares?

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Recently I've started building up a little collection of versatile mares, most are TS/TM and then I just send them a stud who is either straight TM or also versatile TS/TM and see what happens. Some mares are getting trickier, though. Most recently I've been flummoxed by Pin De Re, a blue hen/brilliant who I for some reason only ran on TS/TM but has the following hypos:

So she's reasonably useful in like 6-7 divisions, with a couple of standout areas. With mares like this, do you try to find a highly versatile stud who can match as many of the mare's divisions as possible? Or do you zero in on 1-2 divisions and focus specific abilities with a single- or dual division stallion?

(Also, any specific stud recommendations are welcome here, a lot of GP studs in particular have half a dozen divisions listed and it's hard to tell at a glance who has actual good ability in just a couple divisions and is mediocre in the rest, and who is broadly versatile).
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: What do you do with your multi mares?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Mitole
;p
Willie Carson
Miler

Post by Willie Carson »

Check out Impacts yearlings workout times. Id go with him
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

So it really depends what you want to focus on.

Could hedge your bets and go with an all-purpose kind of guy like Contrail, Mitole, Omaha Beach, etc.

Beautyinthesorrow is a little less of an all rounder but has excellent hypos. Young and not quite proven yet though. Noivern also falls into this category.

Crystal Ocean is one that I've had great luck with for multi distance, turf only.

Palace Pier is a fun one for turf and AW sprint and mile. Space Blues as well though he's been a little hit and miss for me.

Battaash is awesome but only turf/AW sprint.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Forgot to add, I'll pay you way more than this mare is worth, if you're interested in a sale, a lease, whatever. I have money burning a hole in my simulated pocket. Hit me up if you're interested 😉
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I lease them out because figuring out what the foals actually want to do is so time consuming and frustrating 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Laura I may take you up on that for the reasons Rochelle listed lol, won't be selling a gifted horse but certainly consider leasing if I can't get her figured out this year. Going to have a browse through aforementioned studs first though.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Laura Smith wrote: 1 year ago Palace Pier is a fun one for turf and AW sprint and mile. Space Blues as well though he's been a little hit and miss for me.
I second this, I think Palace Pier is the mega goat for Turf/AW short kiddos. I'm a big big fan
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

I have the same exact cross with this one https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1389396

I’m likely going to send her to Stradivarius who she gets a B+/A- with. I love keeping mares with lots of real life horses in them with RL studs. That being said the only times I’ve got horses to actually win on 2 surfaces was with Omaha beach and yoshida and I’ve tried breeding a ton of versatile mares to versatile sires. My only advice would be pick whatever cross you think will give you the best single surface runner cause breeding strictly for multi surface wasted me a lot of money