Introducing MODERN GAMES - Elite TM/AWM Stud

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Introducing MODERN GAMES - Elite TM/AWM Stud

Post by Danny Derby »

Modern Games is the newest Danny Derby owned stud, and I coudn't be more excited to welcome him to the barn!

He's a top level real life horse, bringing top level hypomates and a fresh pedigree into the Turf Mile and All Weather Mile divisions. Tested him on hypos with one of my TM mares with this result (note: this mare is out of Fearless Spirit, so couldn't check her with his sons)

He's also hypoing at the top of the class for All Weather Milers as well, so you've got two divisions to choose from!

His stud fee isn't going to increase right now and will remain at the $55K that The Steward had it initially set at. Can't wait to see his foals on the ground soon!
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Introducing MODERN GAMES - Elite TM/AWM Stud

Post by Andrew James »

All out of mares but he will get a lot of mine next year. Looks like a winner Danny, congrats.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Checked him with a Steeplechase mare on a whim, and he's got an A+ hypo there. So I guess add Steeplechasing to the list of things he can do!
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Anna “Liza” Doolittle Says:
"I will give you a letter grade (A+ down to C).
Here is my analysis of a mating between 'Modern Games' and 'White Tee'.

On flat: A
Steeplechaser: C"

Anna “Liza” Doolittle Says:
"I will give you a letter grade (A+ down to C).
Here is my analysis of a mating between 'Modern Games' and 'Veldt'.

On flat: A+
Steeplechaser: C"
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

I found this horse a rather sad disappointment. He was brought to my attention, I looked at his pedigree after being told he was hypoing great. This coincided with my retiring a fresh faced mare of RL pedigree standards who is getting various flat A 's even from GP sires. The pairing delivered a B+, The take away here is the lovely looking Turf Route pedigree is NOT a TR by any means.

On a side not, I did achieve an A+ from him to a TM in my barn, so yup...

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1719058
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 1 year ago I found this horse a rather sad disappointment. He was brought to my attention, I looked at his pedigree after being told he was hypoing great. This coincided with my retiring a fresh faced mare of RL pedigree standards who is getting various flat A 's even from GP sires. The pairing delivered a B+, The take away here is the lovely looking Turf Route pedigree is NOT a TR by any means.

If you got an A+ with him to a TM mare then why are you disappointed? I didn't advertise him as a TR stallion - if he was I promise you I would have.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Unfortunately I didn't get any A+ hypos but I also only checked dirt sprinters. Maybe he's not a dirt sprinter.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Danny Derby wrote: 1 year ago
Kaine Saracen wrote: 1 year ago I found this horse a rather sad disappointment. He was brought to my attention, I looked at his pedigree after being told he was hypoing great. This coincided with my retiring a fresh faced mare of RL pedigree standards who is getting various flat A 's even from GP sires. The pairing delivered a B+, The take away here is the lovely looking Turf Route pedigree is NOT a TR by any means.

If you got an A+ with him to a TM mare then why are you disappointed? I didn't advertise him as a TR stallion - if he was I promise you I would have.
Guessing Kaine that means based off of his pedigree, he was expecting a turf router stallion. Nothing to do with your advertisement?
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Rocki Ryoliza wrote: 1 year ago Guessing Kaine that means based off of his pedigree, he was expecting a turf router stallion. Nothing to do with your advertisement?
Fair enough!
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Rocki Ryoliza wrote: 1 year ago
Danny Derby wrote: 1 year ago

Guessing Kaine that means based off of his pedigree, he was expecting a turf router stallion. Nothing to do with your advertisement?
Exactly... But after sharing said disappointment, figured to balance the books with a positive fact,
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

He's filling up fast so I've added additional spots.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

He filled up again, so I ust added an additional 30 spots
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

30 more slots added, thank you for all the support he’s getting!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

30 more slots added. Unless these fill up pretty quickly they'll probably be the final 30 I add for the year.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Amazing group of yearlings from Modern Games, with several TB freaks and a ton of stakes.

Keep in mind his gallop results on the Studbook don't begin to do him justice since about 50% of his crop was Steeplechasers who can only gallop as thoroughbreds at one. Most of those steeplechase foals are "Different Career" or "Claimer" right now which muddy up the TB stats until they can train over jumps next year.