Zeros Myth - TM

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Zeros Myth - TM

Post by Michael Looker »

Just a quick note to point out that this guy is cheap not because he's no good but because I have virtually no mares to support him and so have to rely on actual turf miler breeders to provide mares.

He has his first two freaks now (an Em-bred yearling she'll be keeping for her broodmare band and a now-3yo who has improved). I scrounged up five mares for him last season with a limited budget and bred two stakes-late bloomers (one from a mare I bought for $1,000, the other from one I leased for $25,000).

He's less than half the price of any stallion with a better freak percentage or stakes+freak percentage (with the one strange exception of a stallion whose only foal is a stakes), at the old John Slotman price of $15,000. He won't be this price forever; once he has sons looking to go to stud I'll double or triple his price to the "correct" price so that his sons, if not as good as him, can be viable budget options at around the price he himself is now.

He's had around 120 foals in three years, when he should really be having that many per year. Keep him in mind, especially for those Fearless Spirit and Superbia mares with whom he throws 25% stakes or better. (He also seems to like Mickey and Close to the Best.)