Breeder Of the Year

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Breeder Of the Year

Post by John Smith »

Just perusing the sprint pedigrees - and then cross referencing the trophy room, is it true Nick Gilmore has never won breeder of the year? Or maybe that is a less precise award seeing as they have apparently accumulated some over the years..maybe this is why? I think it has been overlooked or maybe I misunderstand the award - or maybe this is a good indicator we need a new award - like a lifetime breeder award?

There are plenty of examples but here is a pretty big cornerstone type https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=652016

Who else do you think has been overlooked as a "breeder of merit?"
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeder Of the Year

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Idk, but Nick pick a favorite horse?!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks for the thought, but my personal favourite is Jabberwocky
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Cleo is the first person who comes to mind as having been overlooked as a breeder. She's pretty outstanding at it!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 1 year ago Cleo is the first person who comes to mind as having been overlooked as a breeder. She's pretty outstanding at it!
uhh yeah...has she never won either?! If not, definitely we need another breeding award if breeder of year doesn't fit, in my opine...
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

With 48 people in the Trainer Hall of Fame it's technically easier to get into that than to win Trainer or Breeder of the year. 19 people have won Breeder of the Year since it was added in year 10, with one year (54) having two winners. We've also had 31 people win Trainer of the Year since year 1 and with years 27, 47, 54, 59 and 61 having two winners. I think most of us could rattle off a dozen Simsters who have never taken home one of the big awards but run exceptional barns

There's a surprising amount of big players who haven't pulled in one of the awards along with some general oddities; Eric Nalbone has won BotY ten times but only has one TotY win. Jon Xett hasn't won either since the Sim came back in year 16 which I never would have guessed.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 1 year ago There's a surprising amount of big players who haven't pulled in one of the awards along with some general oddities; Eric Nalbone has won BotY ten times but only has one TotY win. Jon Xett hasn't won either since the Sim came back in year 16 which I never would have guessed.
Not surprising considering that the awards tend to favour large quantity breeders and racers. Running a small but highly efficient barn is counter intuitive to these awards based off the criteria as I understand it