The Evil Empire

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

The Evil Empire

Post by Xander Zone »

I was very pleased to see that in his first crop as of right now he has 6 FREAKS and only 3 claimers !!
not sure how common that is for a first-year stud with over yearlings, especially with the new gallops comments of a few years ago with late bloomers etc!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Re: The Evil Empire

Post by John Smith »

Well... I don't have the historical reference points you may have, nor the mares, but currently, in another division,without revealing studbook info. which you seem to have done here, or maybe it is ok because we own the stallions? Gord's Secret has about 1/5 to 1/6 as many stakes producing mares covered. So, if one were to extrapolate the number of Freaks Secret has in relation to stakes producing mares covered, Gord is easily within that realm. Especially since two of those claimers were from my broodmare band...

To put it mores simply if one were to multiply the SP mares Gord is getting by 6 and his number of resulting freaks, one would get the similar numbers, so maybe two rare events happening together?!

Gord's Secret 30k (currently)
The Evil Empire 100k
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

He gave me a nice stakes late blooming filly who I am definitely looking forward to racing! Overall he looks amazing Xander, especially given the gallop changes. Maybe the next Walk Off Grandslam? Time will tell, but he certainly has the pedigree and talent to pull it off. Count me in his fan club!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: ↑1 year ago He gave me a nice stakes late blooming filly who I am definitely looking forward to racing! Overall he looks amazing Xander, especially given the gallop changes. Maybe the next Walk Off Grandslam? Time will tell, but he certainly has the pedigree and talent to pull it off. Count me in his fan club!
I'd say they'd have to stakes or better to make that stud fee back. Congrats!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

John Smith wrote: ↑1 year ago Well... I don't have the historical reference points you may have, nor the mares, but currently, in another division,without revealing studbook info. which you seem to have done here, or maybe it is ok because we own the stallions? Gord's Secret has about 1/5 to 1/6 as many stakes producing mares covered. So, if one were to extrapolate the number of Freaks Secret has in relation to stakes producing mares covered, Gord is easily within that realm. Especially since two of those claimers were from my broodmare band...

To put it mores simply if one were to multiply the SP mares Gord is getting by 6 and his number of resulting freaks, one would get the similar numbers, so maybe two rare events happening together?!

The Evil Empire 100k

call me old fashioned but idk about posting about your own stud on another studs thread πŸ€”
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

+1 what Ren said. Plus, Gord's Secret and The Evil Empire aren't even in the same division, so comparing their gallops and stud fees is irrelevant....
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Ren Marston wrote: ↑1 year ago [quote="John Smith" post_id=466489 time=<a href="tel:1681091239">1681091239</a> user_id=29657]
Well... I don't have the historical reference points you may have, nor the mares, but currently, in another division,without revealing studbook info. which you seem to have done here, or maybe it is ok because we own the stallions? Gord's Secret has about 1/5 to 1/6 as many stakes producing mares covered. So, if one were to extrapolate the number of Freaks Secret has in relation to stakes producing mares covered, Gord is easily within that realm. Especially since two of those claimers were from my broodmare band...

The Evil Empire 100k

call me old fashioned but idk about posting about your own stud on another studs thread πŸ€”
[/quote]

Agreed, but then again it seems to be just anywhere he can post about his studs.
We get it. You have studs standing John.

On a side note, The Evil Empire will be seeing some of my mares. The fee is appropriate for his level of form and class.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

I'll say this - empire has more in sponsored raced winnings than any of the studs I have standing...

I get it you have money to throw around!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Empire is a great sire and reasonably priced, thanks Xander!

John, not the place man…
β˜… SHOOTING STAR STABLES β˜…

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

John Smith wrote: ↑1 year ago I'll say this - empire has more in sponsored raced winnings than any of the studs I have standing...

I get it you have money to throw around!
jesus christ
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Breed to kingdom come
;p
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

The Evil Empire is amazing and I wish I had better mares to send him, even though I will send him the best of what I have.

John, I'm not sure why you keep trying to take over The Evil Empire's posts - numerous amazing owners explained at the end of last year why his stud price was justifiable then - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55925 - and the gallop numbers now back-up his fee and one could argue the fee is even too low.

Additionally, when paying for a stud fee, gallop comments are just one factor that plays into a stud choice. The pedigree does not get any better than The Evil Empire - that has a huge impact on my stud choice - again - well worth the $100K fee.

As to your note about an offspring being a stakes to "make that stud fee back", Autumn mentioned it was a filly. That stakes/LB filly may turn into a blue hen/star broodmare who lays the foundation for future amazing DS offspring. Again, $100K for that pedigree, well worth it.

I'm not sure these points will resonate with you since these were already made in the previous thread, but I felt compelled to respond because The Evil Empire is simply amazing and Xander has always priced his studs reasonably (probably too reasonably!!). He should not have to continuously defend himself on his posts about his, objectively, amazing stud.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

More slots added