newbie error

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

newbie error

Post by Maisy Moo Stable »

I have made a newbie error in breeding a turf sprinter with a dirt sprinter.

Is there any point in keeping the foal?
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Re: newbie error

Post by J.P Dogood »

It’ll be very unlikely to be anything other than different career or claimer but you never know. Doesn’t hurt to wait until gallops just to see and then you can always get rid of it
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Thank you ,your right no harm in waiting, i had a crazy thought it might be o.k. on the AW :?:
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I've made that mistake and I was not as much of a newbie :lol: but I clicked the wrong stud in the list (the one above it alphabetically was the one I wanted). I bred a dirt sprint mare to a turf route stud - so much 'worse' than what you did since at least you bred the correct distance together. The horse galloped claimer progressive, and I sent him to Alaska and put him in claiming races with short fields (short field = not a ton of horses) and he picked up some checks for me. Since it's unlikely anyone would buy him and it would cost $5000 to send him to AJ, I figured I'd just let him earn $300 or $700 here and there for a bit. He did make some sort of money in 5 of his 7 starts (before I did a barn cull and retired him).
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Guess i should plug on, the Sire is Mahler, the Dam Gotti's Driver
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

You get three whoops corrections a year ☺️ Just use the contact form and they will either delete the foal or fix the stud for you.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24450
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Thank you Rochelle,will try that.