Unanswered Prayers -- This is a building interest thread!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Unanswered Prayers -- This is a building interest thread!

Post by Emily White »

Would anybody at all be interested in Unanswered Prayers at stud?

He wouldn't be retiring until the end of his 5 year old campaign.

Just in case you don't know all the facts:

Unanswered Prayers
A 5 year old dark bay stallion by Tears of Triumph out of Do Wish On Stars
Unanswered Prayers is a unique stallion opportunity you do not want to miss!

At two years of age-
Wins: London Futurity [L], 8 furlongs firm turf, $100,000 :: Won by 2 3/4 lengths in 1:36:53
Osaka turf maiden, 8 furlongs firm turf, $20,000 :: Won by 4 1/2 lengths in 1:36:47

Fifth in: Stewards' Cup Juvenile Turf [G1], 8 furlongs firm turf, $750,000 :: Fifth by about 4 1/2 lengths, winner's time 1:36:34 (King of the Empire)

At three-
Wins: Gran Premio Augusto B. Leg [G2], 12 furlongs firm turf, $150,000 :: Won by 4 lengths in 2:26:65
Chile National Trial [G2], 9 furlongs firm turf, $100,000 :: Won by 2 1/2 lengths in 1:49:77

Second in: Grande Premio Sao Paulo [G1], 12 furlongs firm turf, $300,000 :: Second by one length, winner's time 2:26:80 (Te Derratore)
Los Campeones Turf [G1], 16 furlongs firm turf, $500,000 :: Second by 1/4 of a length, winner's time 3:25:38 (Dream of Her)

Third in: The Igazu Falls Stakes [G2], 10 furlongs soft turf, $150,000 :: Third by two lengths, winner's time 1:59:91 (The Black Flash)

:: THE SIRE ::
-Dark bay or brown horse by Tulloch out of Storm of Tears (Storm Cat)
-Won 11 Grade 1 Races
-Awards include South Pacific Horse of the Year [x2], South Pacific Champion Older Male [x2], and Australian Champion Three Year-Old Colt
-Raced from ages 2-5 and won at distances from 1 mile to 2 miles
Tears of Triumph brings in super turf sires Tulloch and Storm Cat into Unanswered Prayers' pedigree. He meshes well with any outcross to Storm Cat and Tulloch.

:: THE FEMALE FAMILY ::
First dam: Do Wish On Stars
-Won once at 9 furlongs on the turf, and placed in two other races, giving her a 6-1-1-1 record
-All her foals to race are winners
-Also produced stakes winner Tejano Flash (Tejano Flame)
(Note: Do Wish On Stars' sire, Paradise Spirit, was a graded stakes winner up to 12 furlongs. He only sired two horses: both fillies. Unanswered Prayers could be the only stud with this longlost bloodline in his veins)
Second dam: Dontcalmebeautiful
-Stakes winner and grade 1 placed, record is 10-6-3-0
-Only produced one foal, Do Wish On Stars
Third dam: Don'tcallmedarling
-Stakes winner and Grade 1 placed, record is 8-4-2-1
-Produced 4 foals, all of them winners
-Half sister to Rydrew Princess, dam of sires The Scarlet Night, Faith Justified, and Glass Tiger
Fourth dam: Ridgewood Pearl
-Always tangled with the best, third in the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf behind Memories of Silver and Fiji
-Had 12 foals and 11 of them won
-Produced Breeders' Cup Mile winner Here Indeed and Grade 1 winner Lovesachanceutake
-Also produced stakes producers Rydrew Princess, Tilmorninglight, Don'tsendmeroses, and Don'tcallmedarling

So you see, Unanswered Prayers comes from a fine line of sires that includes, as mentioned above, The Scarlet Night, Faith Justified, and Glass Tiger, as well as Here Indeed, who won the Breeders' Cup Mile by 7 lengths.

So what do you all think? If no one really is interested, I would be happy to support him myself, as I am always combing through the sales page and claiming races for turf router mares for him. Unless he does something remarkable during the course of the next two years, his stud fee would be relatively low--maybe in that $10,000-$20,000 range.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: Unanswered Prayers -- This is a building interest thread!

Post by Tim Matthews »

Yes.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Ha, that's interesting, Tim, as you've got Punches to support as well. Are they retiring the same year?
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Emily, are you still planning on keeping him in South America this year or are you trying a different circuit? Or bouncing around the globe?

Just curious! ;)
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Nope, we're getting outta there and going to Europe.
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

I will try to find something for him :). No promises though, as I don't have too many turf routers yet, but I also help Martin with his breedings and he has a ton, so will definitely use him there I think.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D