Question for Paint Route Breeders

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Question for Paint Route Breeders

Post by Jo Ferris »

So I have the stud prospect, Into the Twilight (Gilmer x Blueblooded Indian [Indian Scout]), would there be any interest in him at stud this season? While he was no City Boy, he's been a good horse, got him from the Kya dispersal a few years back, MSW, earned $378,200, still going strong at 7.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Question for Paint Route Breeders

Post by Alleyne Torres »

It depends on how he hypos, which is always the hard question because you don't know until he retires. Female line looks OK.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

What Alleyne said. Gotta be prepared to support him yourself if he's an average hypoing type... could still be a handy sire if given a chance but no one else is too likely to take a gamble on him.
Or maybe he'll hypo like a superstar. No way to know, haha.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

When somebody says 'Paint Route' an alarm goes off and I'm summoned from the depths :mrgreen:

Hypos are a big deal, be prepared to do some hypos yourself, including outside mares, if you want him to get the most attention. Lines are pretty soild, his half-sister has a nice runner this year in Jacopone. If you poke around his lines more you'll find more stakes horses along the way. That consistency is really nice to see. I'd toss him some mares this year unless his hypos are flat out awful. Gilmer has several sons standing right now but none of them have done very well. If you have a son of Gilmer that produces well that's some good $$$ right there.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Like everyone else said, Nicks are what everyone goes by. What they do on the track really seems to have very little to do with how they nick in the shed. This year I know if I were to use him it would be with very few mares because I'm going to have to try and throw whatever I have at City Boy - because there is no telling how he will nick at all. I've had other nice Paint routers retire who nick only average so I know there are no guarantees as in real life.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯