Is This Pairing Too Linebred?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Is This Pairing Too Linebred?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

So I have this mare https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=973088 (Tls Pegasus x Fighting Irish mare)

So far, the only A+ nicks she gets are with Devon Castle and Tls Captain Jack S. Since Jack is booked full, I am looking at Devon Castle. The only issue I have with the mating is how insanely line bred it is. I adore Devon Castle and generally like to throw as many of my Blue Hens at him as I can to make nice fillies, but I am also trying to be mindful and ensure that the fillies I'm breeding will be functional race horses and future breeding prospects.

The effects of heavy line breeding are, unfortunately, something I have not studied enough in this game to confidently make a decision here.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Is This Pairing Too Linebred?

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

So 3x3 is the normal inbreeding. That being said... Dr. Stawickery is 2x3 Afraid to Want and he was nice on the track and in the shed and I bred him that way because I'd seen other horses with close 2x3 Afraid to Want Inbreeding that looked good. So it certainly can work. The story with inbreeding is you are magnifying the inbred horse's good traits but also there bad so I'd imagine you would only want to do something that close if it was a really strong horse. Don't know enough about standardbreds to make any comment there.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*