New to Mixed Breeding -- Stud fee + Game Points

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

New to Mixed Breeding -- Stud fee + Game Points

Post by Paul Sellers »

Very new to Mixed Breeds. I am old enough to have been in the SIM when they were introduced, but never got interested. Now that I'm spending more time on the SIM, I've collected a few and went to breed one and saw that the sire's stud fee was $10,000 plus 250 game points.

Is that a setting you can choose or something unique about mixed breeds? I realize this is probably a dumb question, but I did a search using what I thought were good search terms and I can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks for help!
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: New to Mixed Breeding -- Stud fee + Game Points

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

the 10K is the stud fee, the 250GP is the crossbreed fee. link the mare in question and sire, most likely they are not the same breed
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago the 10K is the stud fee, the 250GP is the crossbreed fee. link the mare in question and sire, most likely they are not the same breed
Is the crossbreed fee something the horse owner sets?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Paul Sellers wrote: 3 years ago Is the crossbreed fee something the horse owner sets?
From the help-section:
"Cross Breeding
As of Year 41, players can breed Quarter Horse mares to Thoroughbred stallions, and breed Paint and Appaloosa mares to Quarter Horse stallions. No other crosses are possible. The foal will be the same breed as the dam.

It costs 250 GP to breed a mare to stallion of a different breed, in addition to the regular stud fee. The 250 GP is therefore going to the game, rather than the stallion owner."

Link: viewtopic.php?t=11125