Hey Brother Due to Pension Thursday

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Hey Brother Due to Pension Thursday

Post by Jo Ferris »

End of an era, got that message Saturday :cry: Hey Brother will be pensioned in 3 days. He's back up for $3,500

Gosh, I love this horse, he's a great horse and his headshot is one of my absolute favorites, even though he technically has a star marking (no worries Em, took me a LONG time before I noticed that :lol: I love his bald face). it's been a heck of a journey with this horse, he's out of one of my favorite broodmares I've ever owned, he's the middle of 5 full siblings, and the best of the 5, one of the most successful crosses I've ever had the joy of owning, the fact all 5 of those full siblings all earned over 250k each for a combined total of $2,075,440, something about that cross, it worked every single time and produced a lovely racehorse.

Unfortunately the Streak of Rock x Splash In Puddles cross didn't show much potential in the breeding shed, Hey Bro's 2 older brothers both retired before him and neither had much success, one never sired a foal, and the other sired only 59 foals and they only earned just over 500k total. With that in mind, and with Boone still standing stud, I opted to race Hey Bro through his 6yo season, he was fun to race and I wasn't exactly holding my breath on his potential as a sire. Boy was I wrong

Hey Brother has been an incredible sire, siring 1,711 foals so far and having just shy of $40M in progeny earnings. He's sired 5 SC winners and nearly 100 stakes winners. He's proving to be a successful dam sire as well.

Hey Brother's legacy will live on through his progeny, he already has a few sons standing stud and more future studs in the making. Thank you to everyone who has supported him over the years

Truly the end of an era, it's been a heck of a ride
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k