El Dorado - Crossbreedable, all distances

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

El Dorado - Crossbreedable, all distances

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I've retired El Dorado, and from the hypos I've done, he hypos with the absolute best of the division sprinting and routing (all breeds), and either with the best/just below the best at mid-distance (depending on the breed). I hypoed to Appys, QHs and Paints.

I've struggled a little on how to price him, because not all breeds/divisions have the same purse $$$ opportunities, but I also know he's going to be popular this year. So, I've priced him on the higher end, but I'm going to offer the following discount for Year 57:

IF you have a Appy or Paint mare that is a graded stakes winner (G1, G2 or G3) or produced a graded stakes winner (G1, G2 or G3), and you send that mare to El Dorado, I will rebate you $15,000, up to a maximum rebate of $75,000 (so if you send 5 mares that qualify, you'll get the full $75,000; the 6th mare gets no rebate). You can get the rebate by leasing me a really bad horse for the amount of the discount - it helps if you reference the mare(s) you're claiming the discount for to save me some time in verifying.

I'm going to open up about 60 slots right now, and I will keep opening up more slots between now and next Friday. I am doing this to hopefully make sure lots of different players get access to him. If you have a graded stakes winning/producing mare and keep getting shut out (hopefully this won't happen), let me know and we can try to work out a reservation or some other way to help you get access. I'm leaning towards capping him at 180 or 210 foals. That said, I'm playing this by ear, so those numbers are not set in stone.

Thanks for reading, and good luck with your foals!
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: El Dorado - Crossbreedable, all distances

Post by Tom Lin »

Sent him a young Sober Sunday appy blue hen - A+ hypo
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I must confess, I think the foal I'm most excited about is my El Dorado x Maneater colt, A+ cross. I'm trying to prepare myself for a festivus letdown, but it is hard not to get my hopes up.

Lucked out and have an El Dorado x Buljoos filly that could be interesting in terms of preferred distance, as well as as a half to Maneater out of $3 million earner Bourbon Heritage. I'm certainly supporting the heck out of him!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

So annoyed with myself for not saving some Appy/Paint mares for him! UGH! But I did send a few QH to him and I'm happy! I'll have to get the others next year.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago El Dorado x Buljoos
Oooooh, so fancy!

All mine are bred but I'll definitely show him some love next year.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I have two A+ hypos for El Dorado. One from Tartar Sauce, the other from Go Away Dust. I'm very excited to see how both foals turn out!!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I had saved my Rain Catch T Wind for him. It's only an A cross but with a bit of luck it's going to be fine anyway.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago So annoyed with myself for not saving some Appy/Paint mares for him! UGH! But I did send a few QH to him and I'm happy! I'll have to get the others next year.
Yea always like to breed all my mares early and I'm always sad when shiny new things retire. Yet do I ever learn and change my behavior...
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*