Who Did You Use?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Who Did You Use?

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I don't see a dedicated mixer thread for this, and as this was my first year really breeding mixers, I was curious to look at who I used. I'm interested in feedback from seasoned mixer folks as to if this looks ridiculous or not or if I'm missing something hot:

Appaloosa: Monkey Brew x 9, Alien Lasers x 7, Eyes For Gold x 2, Kissanangel x 2 and 1 each Capacity to Feel, Custom Brew, El Dorado, Rite to the Point

Arabian: 1 each Able Squire, legacy of Charly, Midnihte Sandstorm, Sleeping Dragon

Paint: Son of a paint x 9, Gray Patches x 2, Kenny x 2, Mr. Rose Thorn x 2, Regression x 2, The Full Monty x 2, 1 each Colored Spotlights, Deep Euphoria, Fire Free Sans, mark of the Beast, Meega Nala Kweesta

Quarter Horse: Ardyn x 2, Gra Go Deo x 2, Let You Shine x 2 1 each Go Away Boss, Kissanangel, Mezapita, Silver Jet Flash, The Full Monty

and I'm not racing trotters anymore but I threw a lot (18) at Devon castle in his last 72 hours, and bred 4 others. All those will be for sale next year after gallops (or now if anyone wants to take a shot on foals).
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Who Did You Use?

Post by Ren Marston »

Appaloosa: Monkey brew x2
Arabian: Legacy Of Charlie x1, Ibn Saud x1
Paint: Son Of A Paint x 4, Snow Capped Castle x1
QH: Heza Streaker x1

I dont race or breed trotters and im very new so I just bred to a few overall! Cool thread gigi :)
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Long list but here we go:
* Denotes in house stud

Paint Sprinter *Unbroken Circle - 83
Paint Mid *Cartel Country - 48
Appy Route *Looping Right Hook - 48
Appy Sprint *Better Than Pat - 47
Paint Mid *Painted Death - 37
QH Sprint *Ec All the Time - 34
QH Mid *Jim Beam - 33
Appy Sprint *Rad Bomance - 27
QH Mid *Queen Slayer - 25
Appy Sprint Og Striker - 24 (formally in my stable)
QH Sprint All Eyez On Me - 23 (formally in my stable)
QH Sprint *Ec Scary One - 23
QH Sprint *Shine On - 23
QH Mid *Bigg and Flashy - 22
QH Sprint *James J, Braddock - 22
Appy Sprint *Laser Tag - 20
QH Route *Scientology - 20
Appy Sprint Wittenberg - 20 (formally in my stable)
Paint Mid Fanatica - 15 (formally in my stable)
Paint Mid Hey Brother - 11
Appy Mid Joes Storm - 11
Appy Mid Spots Gallore - 10
Appy Mid Hundred Dollar Bil - 9
QH Mid Mark the Moonlight - 9
QH Mid Son of a Paint - 9
Paint Sprinter Opalesce - 8
Paint Router Cerebos - 7
Appy Router One Hot Bay - 7
Appy Mid Road Junction - 7
QH Sprint Saf Temting Dude - 7
Paint Router Too for the Show - 7
Appy Sprint Alien Lasers - 6

5 - Meega Nala Kweesta, A One A, Toyland Jubilee
4 - Cant Catch Me, Cowpokes Don't Cry, Easy Sixes, Heza Shockin', Hundred Acre Star, Monkey Brew, Race to the Moon, Smoke and Gusto
3 - Four Yard Image, Gra Go Deo, Gray Patches, Hello Hello, Mezapita, Nighttime Sparkler, Prequell, Sober Sunday
2 - Audacity, Blast Off Dasher, Blue Corazon, Burnt Out Lights, First Class Runner, Imprison My Mind, Kenny, Laughing Jet, Long Ride to Love, Lots of Love, Meramac, O Hi O, One Holiday Jet, Rios Dominoe, Son of Darkness
1 - Okay I am done let's just say a few more lol.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Calia Mendez
Miler

Post by Calia Mendez »

I'm pretty new, so I decided to focus on only breeding Arabians this year. Here's mine, for a total of 31:

Arabian Sprint:
Able Squire - 2
Adel - 1
Cronos - 2
Daud - 2
Frontier Ghost - 2
Narcissistic Lad - 1
Sleeping Dragon - 9

Arabian Route:
Legacy of Charly - 5
Mighty Sandstorm - 3
Proof At Nite - 2

And then for two mares with a mixed route/sprinter pedigree, I went with Reid River R Mani. I'll have to see what those foals end up as.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

Appys=
Eq Cab Etat(breed to this horse! ) , Holiday Intent, Monkey Brew, Count Cab, custom brew, cabela seven, epic swag, gun for hire, Irish caught, hello hello, Joe’s Storm, Lots of fun, holiday Jet, Real Catch, Race to the moon, Rite to the point, rockin to the moon, salt life, saturday, thisgunsforyou, ima super freak, diet cola, flip, chain of thorns, capacity to win, capacity to feel, always gambling and a few other

QHs=
Bigg Daddy, Casual Night, county outlaw, cowboys dont cry, cowpokes dont cry, Cyprus hills, dashs gold digger, easy sixes, ec all the way, Ec Isn’t enough, El Dorado, Eyes for Gold, Finally Tuned, Freighttrain B, Gabocha, Gold Knight, Golden take off, Gra Go deo, Gregory good, Inspired Jet Flash, Kissanangel, let you shine, Let’s Be Heroes, Mark the moonlight, Meramac, Mitchell Paige, Neon Sign, Saf Temting Dude, Rocket Power, Silent But Deadly, Silver Jet Flash, Sober sunday, son of darkness, steel penny, sparksfly wild side, swiftcurrent, the Full Monty, Thats incredible, star jet one, zoomin for spuds, and a few more.

Paint=
Arlo, audacity, blackout, city boy, correction, could be it, cowhide, Dear Mind, Eventuality, fire free sans, Fld Eclipse, Fld Raven, flight charmer, Go Postal, hey brother, Gregory gray, gray patches, his will to live, Jose Stormcoat, macho max, Mr. Rose Thorn, Paint A Pirate, Three Buccaneers, prequell, Qaletqa, regression, relapse, Rockslide, Roundhouse, Sans Note, Scooter, Son of a Paint, Sweet Daisy, telegram sam , cerebos.

Standardbreds= Walk with Elias , Darn tootin, Devon castle, Devon trickster, king Cartier, ‘tis outlaw.

Arabs= Legacy of Charly, Samarkand.
Since I came back breeding up a foundation again.

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Appy Sprinters: Eq Cab Etat x5, Monkey Brew x4, Custom Brew x4, Alien Lasers x2, Good Chrome Jet x2, One Holiday Jet.

The first four are IMO the top four stallions in the division. I also sent two mares to my own stallion Good Chrome Jet, and sent his dam back to his sire One Holiday Jet for a full brother.

Appy Routers: One Hot Bay x2, Capacity to Feel, Burnt Out Lights, BG Spider Monkey.

The first three are the Holiday stallions, and in this division more than some others they're as good as it gets. Plus they're all 14 this year so I may not get to send them any more mares. BG Spider Monkey is the sire of Monkey Brew, who has ability as a sire of routers even though he's from a sprinting damline. I've sent a nice blue hen hoping for a freak colt who can go on to be a better routing sire than Monkey Brew. Not asking for much, am I?

Arabian Sprinters: Cronos.

I leased out most of my Arabian mares, and the only one I didn't went to a Holiday stallion.

Paint Sprinters: Nimble Navigator x2, Regression, Colored Spotlights, Gray Patches, Mr. Rose Thorn.

I have a small but VERY high-quality collection of horses in this division. Mean is currently running around and is a multiple Gr. 1 winner. He's by Regression and out of a full-sister to my stallion Nimble Navigator (a Gr. 1 winner at 2&3), who in turn is by a multi-distance QH stallion (interesting outcross) and out of another multiple Gr. 1 winner.

A half-sister to the dam of Mean went to Mean's sire Regression. The Holiday stallions each got a mare each because that's a thing I was doing this year. Nimble Navigator got to see one of my only mares who isn't related to him... and his niece (for a colt who is inbred 1x2 to full-sibs).

QH Mids: Blast Off Dasher x2, Inspired Jet Flash, It's Cold Cash.

Four mares, all out of full-sisters, three by Mark Me Gold (now pensioned, but crossed well with Blast Off Dasher) and one by Blast Off Dasher. Two of the Mark Me Golds went to Blast Off Dasher (bonus: he's a Holiday stallion), the Blast Off Dasher went to Inspired Jet Flash (another Holiday Stallion), and the last one went to It's Cold Cash (she left a Stakes colt by him last year, so I wanted a filly on the same cross).

Pacers: Mainstream x36.

This is something I've done a few times recently: pick out a first- or second-crop stallion I like and send him two- (or in this case three-) dozen mares before anyone else spots him and his price goes through the roof. Joke Face and Demons are the two that spring to mind, though I also sent a stack of mares to (the still massively underpriced) Highland Billy in his second year.

This year Mainstream was the lucky lad. I have a future stallion of my own in 2x SC winner Rock Bottom, but I made the decision to keep him in training as a 6yo partly because he ran a 99sf in his last run before the SC this year (which probably helps explain why he only ran 5th in the big race) and partly because I'm so high on Mainstream.

Trotters: Dell Ridge Image x12, Photobomber x11, Raider x11.

Three brand-new sires I'm very excited about. King Cartier, El Capitan, and Darn Tootin are reasonably new and fighting it out to be top of the pops (I'd also mention the 14yo Tls Pegasus and the best-value sire in the division Castle Drogo as being among the best options), but these three (and maybe even Michael Corleone, who I didn't use at all but probably should have) might give them a run for their money.

Using the three newbies my average fee per foal was just under $25,000, which is around half the price of the big three.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Michael Looker wrote: 3 years ago
Pacers: Mainstream x36.
Your support was very much appreciated :) Congrats on the freaks, hope they do well for you!

Lisa
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago Congrats on the freaks, hope they do well for you!
It's interesting that damsires of all of my freaks are sons of Always B Miki, including the only two Always B Lucky mares I sent him. Always B Miki liked Holy Roller mares and Mainstream is out of a Holy Roller mare, so maybe there's something there.

That would kinda suck for me actually; I'll have Rock Bottom probably retiring this year and he has a half-sister by Always B Miki who finished top five in the SC for seven straight years. I was hoping people would see that connection and send my boy all of their mares by Always B Miki and his sons, but he might have some competition now from your boy.

I didn't get a freak from any of the five Always B Miki mares I sent though, so maybe there's hope for Rock Bottom yet.