Harness mares, an interesting observation

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Harness mares, an interesting observation

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I recently regalloped all my 2 year old harness horses, so they would reflect the new ratings. Of course I had a very large number of allowances that dropped down to productive. I simply retired all the productive females, whether peak or late bloomer, and bloodstocked them all. I normally would have expected nothing better than star mares from productives, BUT this time I got five blue hens. I am assuming that while the racing rating has dropped to productive, the breeding rating did not drop correspondingly. I would not have been surprised to get five blue hens out of a dozen or so allowance (former allowance) gallopers, maybe three or four being more normal, but five not so outstanding as to be Forum post worthy. These were my pacers, btw. Trotters to follow. I generally have pretty decent bloodlines in my standardbreds, but I would guess there are twenty or twenty-five other players that have broodmare bands as good as mine. Just an observation: don't throw your productive fillies away without checking or at least hypomating them.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.