Lecythus... Versatile paint sprinter A+ nicks...first stakes winner

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Lecythus... Versatile paint sprinter A+ nicks...first stakes winner

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The crazy that is teaching in times of covid has made me drop the ball on promoting this, but paint sprinter Lecythus will be retiring and made into a stallion after the Steward's Cup. Also while all his success has come sprinting he is rated versatile.

Race Record
Lecythus currently has a 20:11-4-2 record and was the Y59 paint champion two-year-old male. Over the course of his career he was won 9 stakes races, including the Steward's Cup as a 2yo, 1 other Grade 1 race, 2 Grade 2 races, and 2 Grade 3 races. He's won stakes races every year he's ran and graded stakes races at both 2 & 3. He also finished 3rd in the Steward's Cup as a 3yo.

Pedigree
Lecythus's dam is millionaire Acanthus. Like Lecythus she won a Steward's Cup and Simmy as a 2yo and hit the board in a latter Steward's Cup with her finishing 2nd as a 4yo. She won a total of 11 stakes races throughout her career, winning stakes races ever year she won from ages 2-5. Her dam Dashuri produced two additional Grade 1 winners on top of Acanthus, and her sire Dashin JJ sired 69 stakes winners throughout his prolific stallion career. As he was a tridistance sire that is likely where Lecythus's versatility is coming from. Acanthus is the dam of 4 additional stakes winners on top of Lecythus.

Lecythus's sire is holiday stallion Mr. Rose Thorn. Mr. Rose Thorn is the sire of 76 stakes winners including 2 millionaires. He is also the grand sire of 12 stakes winners coming from 3 different sons.

Promotions
As with all my stallions I am offering a full refund for all graded stakes winners/producers and a 50% refund for listed stakes winners/producers. Lecythus will also be included in my paint stallion contest win $500,000/free breeding next year promotion that you can read more about here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53898

I'll figure out his stud fee once he is retired and I see how he is nicking. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and please do save him some mares.
Last edited by Tammy Stawicki 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Lecythus... Versatile paint sprinter A+ nicks

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Lecythus is now standing, I started him off at $15,000. Nicked him to 2 paint sprint mares, one usually gets a mix of A+ and A nicks and he nicked A+. The other I've only ever gotten A nicks from and he was another A. Also as he was rated as versatile tried nicking him to one of my middle-distance mares that is another A+/A mix and he nicked A, so he may be worth considering for those of you looking to breed multidistance stallions.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

He nicked A with one of my router and mid mares who both usually nicks A+. That matches Eventuality with my mid mare, so basically I wouldn’t recommend for a specialized mid or route horse, but may be a good option for tri distance
Last edited by Jo Ferris 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Thanks. I listed his horse type as all 3 distances, but as with Komati I don't think he should necessarily be a go-to for people looking for single-distance horses outside of his preferred distance (sprinters in his case), we just don't have a better way to denote multidistance potential :( The similarity of his nicking patterns with Komati got me curious if that's just how paints nick, but when I tried Jacinth with a sprinter he got a B+ so it would seem Lecythus/Komati do have at least some more versatility than other stallions. Lecythus seems a particularly intriguing tri-distance option as he is devoid of Son of a Paint, Heza Dasha Fire, and Son of a Grip so he should provide a nice outcross option.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Lecythus... Versatile paint sprinter A+ nicks...first stakes winner

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Well I completely dropped the ball in realizing that Lecythus has quite the nice offspring out there in Purble Place. His debut was nothing much but he's won 4 straight since then including 2 listed stakes races and one grade 3 rae. Congrats Maria on the promising-looking colt!
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*