I Need Ideas

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

I Need Ideas

Post by Jo Ferris »

So this year I'm breeding ALL of my mares instead of doing my usual lease auction as breeding is the side of the game I enjoy and is most flexible time wise. However I am stuck, so I have 110 Paint mid mares (and about 15-20 to retire this year), is it just me or are there only like 5 decent stallions for Paint midders? I feel like all of them I'm booking to the same few stallions, I need ideas. Who do you like? Who do they work with? I'm getting nowhere, Swinging Like Ali is a big one I have not a clue what to do with, I just look at her, look at the studs, and cannot figure out a good match. She has 2 foals, it should not be that hard to find a nice stallion to send her to. Maybe I've just got a "breeding block". I have about 70 others I do the same with and who knew it was week 12 already (WHAT!?!)
I have the same problem with my QH sprinters and Arab Sprint and routers, but at least those are small divisions in my barn, I don't have 70 unbooked mares there, I can fake it till I make it... Ideas also welcome for them though. My beloved mare Talib's Robe is looking for a handsome fella
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: I Need Ideas

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Agreed on Paint mids. It's kind of thin, even if you flip to stakes % to account for the downgrade in gallops. That said, there are several older horses running, so I'm hoping some of them retire and help fill out the ranks. There's also cross-breeding to QHs, and there's a few decent GP studs as well.

I never have a problem with QH sprinters - there's usually a decent pool there. Arab routers had a bunch of the game-added studs pension, so there's kind of a rebuild right now, but there are good stallions there (Midnihte Sandstorm, Hamdan, Sand Blaster, to name a few), and Arab sprinters have a few stallions retiring this year who might be nice, but there's also proven sires like Free Popcorn, Kooshaa and Frontier Ghost.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Mr. Lord rich is probably hoarding all the studs
;p
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I think some low-earning mixer studs (the ones that clear 350k but not much more than that) end up being in-house mass production fodder without getting advertised, but have quite a bit of potential. I have looked at a few like that in paint mid, since I'm struggling for studs in that division too now that I have a handful of mares, that I'm considering using to see if maybe they're secretly underrated.

Not to get self-promotional but I have a route arabian named Hashim who has been used just like that, mass breeding with mediocre mares (I have had a lot of formidable mixers lol), but I've gotten a lot of allowances out of him with those mediocre mares, and most are late bloomers so I imagine as they hit the track, or maybe at four, they'll end up being quite useful. Perhaps if I had supported him with better mares, he might have shinier stats. Or perhaps not! The created stallions that showed up a few seasons ago also seem to be perfectly serviceable.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

The Paint Mid division is pitiful stallion-wise right now.
I hate to suggest this because it won't help diversify your stable's bloodlines, and she already has a foal by him, but I would probably be sending Swinging Like Ali back to Son Of A Paint this year IF an accomplished older horse doesn't retire; he's just such an impressive sire and the pairing really embodies the whole "breed the best to the best" mantra.

If any of your Arabian Router mares happen to be The Visionary daughters who are still hanging on for dear life, I suggest you go with Faramir or Heroesalwayswin - they're both game-created studs who were bought during that program where you could have The Steward create a stud for 40,000 game points, and both are pretty nice dudes. Faramir has a daughter who is an absolute machine, and she's out of a The Visionary mare.
Otherwise, you're likely looking at the best offspring results if you go with one of the top boys like Hamdan, Ect.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Jeaux my QH mid stud crosses well with Paints and has more than a few A+ nicks with them. I also have at stud Paint Middies Kolossos and Big Time Baller that have many A+ nicks the numbers for all 3 of these studs is sorta screwy being I have bred more than a few low tier mares with them.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

New snow capped castle grandson coming soon…
;p
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Glad it's not just me feeling like Paint mids have nothing available
Laura Ferguson wrote: 1 year ago I never have a problem with QH sprinters - there's usually a decent pool there.
Funny thing with me and QHs, no secret, I love breeding and I'm not really a fan of the racing side of the game... except when it comes to my QHs. I hate breeding them and actually really enjoy racing them. Absolutely not a clue why this is, especially considering they're pretty annoying to race since it's so competitive. More than once I've considered getting out of QHs, but I keep breeding good fillies that are fun to race. It's always fillies, I need to start just making all my QH foals colts or something.
Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago I think some low-earning mixer studs (the ones that clear 350k but not much more than that) end up being in-house mass production fodder without getting advertised, but have quite a bit of potential. I have looked at a few like that in paint mid, since I'm struggling for studs in that division too now that I have a handful of mares, that I'm considering using to see if maybe they're secretly underrated.

Not to get self-promotional but I have a route arabian named Hashim who has been used just like that, mass breeding with mediocre mares (I have had a lot of formidable mixers lol), but I've gotten a lot of allowances out of him with those mediocre mares, and most are late bloomers so I imagine as they hit the track, or maybe at four, they'll end up being quite useful. Perhaps if I had supported him with better mares, he might have shinier stats. Or perhaps not! The created stallions that showed up a few seasons ago also seem to be perfectly serviceable.
Those are kinda what I'm looking for, who's out there that doesn't get the best mares but produced respectable foals with mediocre mares and is worth more of a look. It's hard looking at stats in the stud book to find those horses that just haven't seen good mares vs those who aren't great producers, you really need someone who's used them to be like "This guy produced a few nice foals for me, I only sent him a few 'meh' mares"

I have a nice Hashim foal, Day to Breathe I believe is his name out of Striped Star. She's not a great producer, but he's one of her best foals. Dropped him to claimers recently hoping someone will claim him instead of him getting neglected in my barn, even some of my good stakes horses are starting to get neglected a bit. Decent little stallion you have there.
Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago The Paint Mid division is pitiful stallion-wise right now.
I hate to suggest this because it won't help diversify your stable's bloodlines, and she already has a foal by him, but I would probably be sending Swinging Like Ali back to Son Of A Paint this year IF an accomplished older horse doesn't retire; he's just such an impressive sire and the pairing really embodies the whole "breed the best to the best" mantra.

If any of your Arabian Router mares happen to be The Visionary daughters who are still hanging on for dear life, I suggest you go with Faramir or Heroesalwayswin - they're both game-created studs who were bought during that program where you could have The Steward create a stud for 40,000 game points, and both are pretty nice dudes. Faramir has a daughter who is an absolute machine, and she's out of a The Visionary mare.
Otherwise, you're likely looking at the best offspring results if you go with one of the top boys like Hamdan, Ect.
If I did that I'd probably sell that foal, so everyone would probably love it, lol! Hoping once Road to Tevis peaks he'll be a neat little horse and hopefully makes it to stud, even though he's by Son of a Paint, that's one drool worthy pedigree (those royally bred studs never work out in my barn... but for now I have a sliver of hope)

Oh, I have a few The Visionary mares, I swear my Arabs live forever, not complaining cause they're solid producers. I'll have to take a look at those guys

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!! It's been extremely helpful
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k