RRH's Paint Studs - Short Change Hero retired!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

RRH's Paint Studs - Short Change Hero retired!

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Current deals in place

Short Change Hero is hypoing very well. If you hypo a mare to him, get an A+ and then breed the mare to him I'll refund you both the stud fee and the game points from the hypo

If you are newbie don't hesitate to message me about discounts.

Updates

11/16/2023 - Short Change Hero retired, profile updated

I re-evaluate all studs after yearling gallops at the beginning of the year. They won't be available from when the year turns over until gallops have happened.
Last edited by Rebecca Rose Hepburn 4 months ago, edited 10 times in total.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: RRH's Paint Studs

Leonard Nimoy

Race Stats: 25: 12-4-1 BSF: 97

Fee: 10k

Won: G1 Steward's Cup Paint Classic, G1 Oklahoma Route, G1 Oklahoma Juvenile along with 6 listed stakes.

By Go Away Boss out of Names.are.dumb who is by https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... Gold Dust. Being by a QH and out of mare sired by a QH makes him a fantastic outcross.

As a Sire: 11.1% Stakes Winners, 50.9% winners from runners and $37,052 in average earnings. His progeny has earned $4,001,620 on the track so far. Looking at his kids he seems to like Toy Land Jubilee mares the best.

I've never gotten below a Flat A hypo with Leonard and I've gotten multiple A+ hypos. I've dropped his price down to 10k since he's getting older and he hasn't managed to sire a big one yet
Last edited by Rebecca Rose Hepburn 4 months ago, edited 5 times in total.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

For a Friend

Current Fee 10k

Race Record 18: 7-5-2 with earnings of $1,007,500

Career Highlights Year 62 Paint Champion Three Year Old Male. Winner of the Year 61 Steward's Cup Paint Futurity and the Year 62 Steward's Cup Paint Classic.

Pedigree Prequell x Names.are.dumb. Half brother to Year 57 Steward's Cup Paint Classic winner Leonard Nimoy, who has his own post on this thread. For a Friend is 2x3 to the Hall of Famer and exceptional QH stud Deroyal Gold Dust.

This horse is going to give me an ulcer. He hypos like a champion and his gallop numbers are making me insane. Are some of those allowances gallopers horses that would have stakes a few years back? Sure yeah probably but still, what a chump. But I hold out hope that they'll be better once they hit the track. I ran zero of my own 2 year olds by him since I am a million years behind on my barn.
Last edited by Rebecca Rose Hepburn 4 months ago, edited 6 times in total.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Short Change Hero

Starting Fee: 20k

Race Stats: 19: 10-4-2 BSF 97

Hero is retired now and has been hypo'ing VERY nicely for me. I'm both excited and nervous to see how his foals gallop after the year turns over. If it's anything like the hypos show he'll likely go up in price next year

If you hypo a mare to him, get an A+ and then breed the mare to him I'll refund you both the stud fee and the game points from the hypo

Hero is by Syncline meaning he brings in Quarter Horse outcross blood. Syncline doesn't have any paint runners by his sons yet, the oldest one from Syncline studs are yearlings, but Syncline's got 11 winners from 13 runners out of Prequell mares.

Hero is out of Footstompin Music a mare that I adore. She won the year 58 SC Matron and earned just over 600k in her career. Her dam Little Bird won the year 47 SC Matron and her half sister Qilin won 3 SC races and was Paint HOTY twice. Little Bird's the grand dam of 4 stakes winners including Hero.

I will say that Footstompin Music's female family seems to like being crossed to Syncline. I sent Qilin's daughter by Prequell to Syncline and got a lil stakes winner in Let's Glimmer while Qilin's daughter by Syncline, Light, is a solid mare. Hero's yearling full sister is productive which is obnoxious but I hope she improves.
Last edited by Rebecca Rose Hepburn 4 months ago, edited 14 times in total.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Saved for future use
Last edited by Rebecca Rose Hepburn 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Saved for future use
Last edited by Rebecca Rose Hepburn 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Fun-type stuff.

A good majority of my horses are named after songs or composers.

Prequell is named after a composer, Thomas Roussel, who goes by the name Prequell for some of his work. His album, The Future Comes Before, is excellent and I've listened to it many times. I suggest Part V and/or Part XIV

Non Believer's namesake is the song Non Believer by London Grammar

For a Friend's name is a shorter version of Asking For a Friend by CHVRCHES.

Short Change Hero is named after the song Short Change Hero by The Heavy.
Last edited by Rebecca Rose Hepburn 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I send Leonard a few each year and he's a very good sire

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1530202 One of the stakes winners.

Even with last years gallops I have a stakes yearling from 3 foals
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: RRH's Paint Studs - For a Friend retired!

For a Friend has been retired. I hypo'd 15 of my mares to him and got 4 A+, 10 A and then 1 B+ from a mare I'm culling lol. He's going up for 25k for his first year, fee will change next year depending on how he gallops.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: RRH's Paint Studs - Short Change Hero retiring

It only took me eight months but thread is updated lmao. Short Change Hero will retire after the SC week 16.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: RRH's Paint Studs - Short Change Hero retired!

Short Change Hero has retired! I hypo'd a whole bunch of my mares to him and posted a screenshot of the results on his entry here