Reid River Oasis

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Calia Mendez
Miler

Reid River Oasis

Post by Calia Mendez »

Save some Arabian sprinter mares for Reid River Oasis, retiring W15 of this year.

Reid River Oasis
By Reid River R Mani, out of Paddy's Oasis (Paddy's Day)

Soundness: Very Sound
Heart: Brave
A half-sibling to three other stakes winners so far, including Oasis Ghost, the top Arabian sprinter of all time with $2.6 million in earnings, and Dragon Atthe Oasis, an earner of more than $500k
He will retire having met the $350k earnings threshold.

With Reid River R Mani having only a few crops of sprinter foals and Paddy's Day having mostly route offspring, Reid River Oasis should be a good outcross for all your Sleeping Dragon, Kooshaa, Able Squire, holiday stallion, etc., mares; he's unrelated to just about all the popular sires right now. He is also marked as versatile, although that's of course hit-and-miss with Arabians.

As I have enough mares to support him, the stud fee will likely be $20k for Y63, to discourage lower quality mares. It will be adjusted appropriately for next year.
Calia Mendez
Miler

Re: Reid River Oasis - RETIRED

Post by Calia Mendez »

I've just retired him, but unfortunately he hypos quite poorly with both sprint and route (his best is A- with mares that regularly hypo A+).

His fee is set as $7.5k. I'll still give him a shot with some of my nicer mares, but I'm really not expecting anything from him.