High Valley Retiring Week 16

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

High Valley Retiring Week 16

Post by Jo Ferris »

I've finally come to a decision on who's retiring this year:
High Valley (Paint Mid) is the big name one. SC winner at 2, won a G1 at 3 and probably just from my mismanagement he has been fairly inconsistent since. He's Mark of the Beast x Monkey Paint (Son of a Paint) so definitely not an exciting "yay we can breed to this without the horse having 2 heads and 5 legs" line, but he's proven to be a nice colt.

Dear Life (Paint Mid) has yet to reach the 350k threshold, but is very close and should reach 350k by the end of the year. If he doesn't he will keep running, but in the likely event he does, he will retire. He's won a couple graded stakes in his career and has just been that under the radar type horse that pops up and wins stakes every so often. He's Soren x Fence Post (Hey Brother), so definitely not outcross but at least free of Son of a Paint and Mark of the Beast.

My Pet Rock (Paint Mid) I am not committed to retiring him this year, but it is something I'm debating. I don't know, give me your thoughts/interest. He's a recent purchase from Doug Cuomo who bred and raced him until this year. Part of me just wants to race him, part of me is drooling at the thought of a Deniro colt especially with It's Cold Cash pensioned. He is Deniro x Fire Puddles (Hey Brother) which would be nice to have as an outcross-ish. He's proven himself on the track with over 700k in earnings and has been runner up in SC races twice.

Stud fees depend on nicks, but I think by now everyone knows I tend to keep them lower and affordable. Expect around 5-15k
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k