15th Annual All Productive auction up: more mixers than thoroughbreds

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

15th Annual All Productive auction up: more mixers than thoroughbreds

Post by Lucas Davenport »

This is my 15th "annual" such auction at this time of the Sim year. About 25% thoroughbreds and about 75% mixers! Both yearling and 2 year old Arabians are included, so this represents two years breedings of Arabians. As stated all are productive (long ago "wings") yearling gallopers. I believe the equipment is set correctly on all these thru a combination of individual equipment gallops and the purchased equipment consult, where needed. I'm guesstimating that the consult was purchased on 40% or so of these. If I am wrong on the equipment they will be faster than the wo's show; that will be your gain. If there is an asterisk in the equipment it has been confirmed, not an estimate based on times alone. Since all these horses have wo times for each individual piece of equipment, corrections should be easy if needed. I wish I had time to do more finished workouts, but with ten pieces starting on week five, you "run out of paper."

This year I tried something different with the thoroughbred workouts and did all the individual pieces at 4f all-weather. Tried to give myself more differentiation between the individual pieces. Not sure if it really helped although it did make scheduling to workouts a bit easier. But then the final times with the hopefully correct pieces are limited to a couple/three efforts. Again, not sure about this whole process and how I will do it next Sim year.

Remember the mixer productives reflect the new tougher standards now in place.

The average price realized for these has historically been around 6-8K each, last year was about 7K+, but each year a couple go for only 1K or 2K. A good move for a newer player would be to bid 1K on every horse and hope there are no higher bids. Every one you win is a big plus for you.

Horses were entered into the auction on the basis of their gallop comment; as always there will be some very nice families included with the fillies. While I normally include a comment in the "notes" for the individual horses what category the mare is from, you can estimate this for yourself, since I invariably insure all my star and blue hen broodmares.

All have been gate and paddock schooled; and with a longe wo or two also.

I did a quick analysis of one player's purchases from year 45 season's all productive thoroughbred auction. The average price paid for a horse that season's auction was $5,200. Player RA won ten for a total of $42,500, or $4,250 each. After the first year of racing these ten, they had won a total of $133,200. One was recently claimed for 15K, so make that $148,200 in income after one year, and he still owned nine horses. One is a filly turf miler by Mickey, just came in third in a stakes race, and has already won 26,500. All but two have won over 10K, and those two are the only dirt routers and they have just started racing. So he is up over 100K, and still owns nine of his ten horses purchased! I have to believe he will be back again this year buying.

If you want to make money in the game the old fashioned way, by racing horses, then these will be fine for you.

That should be all, but feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions. Thank you and good luck to all next year, Lucas
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: 15th Annual All Productive auction up: more mixers than thoroughbreds

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Lots of Arabians without any bids. You can enter them in the very cheapest claimers, which seldom fill, and even if they are claimed you will be way ahead!
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.