Nursery Stud Lease Auction - Blue Hens and Stars

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Nursery Stud Lease Auction - Blue Hens and Stars

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Put up the first of two lease auctions (the second will be closer to the end of the year, and will be mostly formidables, with any stars/blue hens I decide to add).

Since I already have plenty of $$$, at the end of the auction, I'm going to draw five mares' names at random. The purchaser of each of those mares (so it is possible to win more than once), will get 10% of the total sales proceeds from this auction. As an example, if the total for the auction is $500,000, those five players will get $50,000 each, regardless of what they actually paid for the mare. I did this last year and I think it was a hit. The mares get a number, based on where they are alphabetically (so A Wish is 1, Zenobia is 170), and then I'll pull five numbers at random between 1 and 170.

Good luck, and have fun!

Laura
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Re: Nursery Stud Lease Auction - Blue Hens and Stars

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

Laura,
I was wondering if you happened to have a chance do the drawing for the 5 mares? I didnt see it posted but I may be in the wrong forum topic. Thanks again for doing such a wonderful auction!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I was out of town yesterday, and didn't get a chance to do the drawing until this am. Drew the five mares:

Blue Monday - Rafa Usoz
Devon Gold - Patrick O'Malley
Make Amends - Gigi Gofaster
Selkie - Jon Snyder
Twice as Royal - Greg Czechowicz

Total proceeds were: $8,271,663. If the winners would lease me a bad horse for $827,166, I'll accept and then terminate the lease and send the horse back. If I haven't heard from any/some of the winners directly by Tuesday, I'll message them directly. Thanks to everyone for participating, and good luck with the foals!
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

Thank you so much for sponsoring such an awesome auction!