Upcoming Dispersal of All QH, Paint, Appaloosa Stock - Should I Sale Page and Auction Them

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Upcoming Dispersal of All QH, Paint, Appaloosa Stock - Should I Sale Page and Auction Them

Post by Tammy Fox »

Trying to decide which is going to be the better way of completely dispersing my QH, Appy, and Paint racers, yearlings, foals, and broodmares (About 60 Total maybe more, maybe less).

I have decided to get out of the stock horse breed racing as I am not really enjoying it and feel like I am not wasting money, time, and space with them.

They gallop from productive - late bloomer to allowance - late bloomer. The yearlings have their equipment set, the type of track condition (ie muddy, fast, etc), soundness, and at least two workouts. The majority are fillies with some colts and geldings. The majority also have the comment of longer career or breeding shed. There are a couple who have workouts on the tops work out lists under their preferred distance (ie: sprint, mid, route).

The racers are a mixed bag of productive - Late bloomers that I have been racing in claimers and earning money with to allowance - peak who are also bringing home some money in allowance races. None of them are huge money earners and several still need their maidens broke, however they are still placing in the top 5 in their races. The majority are around age 2 so they could very well improve as 3yo.

The broodmares are star mares to blue hens. All of these mares have produced an allowance horse for me in their last two breedings. The foals are A Hypos. I realize that the foals and broodmares may not be of interest until next sim year but to reduce my racers and yearlings would be a good start.

I am deciding whether to put them in an auction or to just sit them on the sales page although I feel like they might go for more in the auction and get more attention there than they would on the sales page.

So looking for suggestions on whether auction or sales page would be better to move them out faster.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Upcoming Dispersal of All QH, Paint, Appaloosa Stock - Should I Sale Page and Auction Them

Post by Jo Ferris »

I'd do an auction, it gives everyone who's interested a fair chance at them plus figuring out a price is a pain. Personally I never look at the sales page, but look at auctions all the time. It definitely gets more attention and probably will sell for more. You can also pay the extra 2k GPs and have all the gallops and BA ratings listed which is amazing. For an auction I would wait till the horses are yearlings, that way everyone will have an idea on the ability of the then yearlings. Bred mares cannot be sold publicly so to auction them you'd have to wait.

If you do want to go the sales page route, basing this off my auctions this year, Productive horses aren't worth much, maybe 2.5k. These you may be better off posting on the sales page to see if you can get 1k+ each. At auction most will probably sell for $1. I honestly put a bunch of Productive horses, most of which are improvers, up on the sales page for $1 and they've been sitting there for weeks.

Allowance I got mostly 10-20k, most were improvers. QH (Sprinters at least) are worth less as they're far more competitive. I have no experience with Appys though my lone Appy (Allowance/Late colt) sold for 12k.

Now with breeding shed fillies, forget what I just said, all bets are off. I had a nicely bred (out of a G1 winner) allowance/peak breeding shed filly sell for 75k. The prettier the bloodline, the more they go for

Broodmares I feel are way harder to judge a good price on, I don't know where to start with them
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Upcoming Dispersal of All QH, Paint, Appaloosa Stock - Should I Sale Page and Auction Them

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I like Jo almost never look at the sales page but do keep 1/2 an eye on the auctions though admittedly if someone posted on the forum they were selling something I was interested in on the sales page I'd take a look.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*