THE MINE FIELD THAT IS ADDS

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

THE MINE FIELD THAT IS ADDS

Post by The Harlequins »

Hope i am not asking too many questions and seeking a quick fix.

Been looking at and for the best way to find if my horse likes or dislikes a add.

Am finding it a minefield so far.

Is there a set path to start with ?

I know that it must be a big part of the skill of the game,but theres so many combos its mind blowing lol

Regards Frank.

P.S.

Not enjoyed myself so much in ages this past few days.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: THE MINE FIELD THAT IS ADDS

Post by Dylan Christensen »

What do you mean by adds Frank?
yeah
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I think Frank might mean equipment.

If so, see the FAQ.

Also, I have this article, though it's primarily about finding equipment for yearlings.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Also, Frank, if you're talking about equipment, if you want to paste one of your horse's entire history into the forum, or a private message to me, I'll go through some things to look for that can help you understand how to find equipment.

P.S. - Glad you're having a blast! SIM has many players that have been playing for more than ten real life years!
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Have read your artical.....great help.

I feel more at ease trying things now.

Thank you...Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Same as Regina, mail me any specific question and I'll be glad to help
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

The assistant trainer came up thrumps this morning with this quote.

Mary Weather Says:
"'Zero Storm' sure moves like a very nice horse! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future! Your rider was telling me that Zero Storm is difficult to ride. Have you tried a figure 8 bridle?"
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

So, that means a couple of things, as far as equipment:

1. He's a two-piece horse, because galloping or vetting only gives equipment on two-piece horses.

2. He needs a figure-8 as one of two pieces.

I looked up Zero Storm -- via Search -- and I see that he's been racing with no whip and a figure-8, and there's an asterisk. The asterisk means that all equipment has been found for that horse, so you don't need to concern yourself with changing equipment. I think if you look at the horse's History tab, and browse through the comments in italics, you'll see that there's a comment that the horse doesn't like the whip so "no whip" was the first piece found from the prior owner doing an equipment check. In short, you don't need to concern yourself with equipment for this horse.

(Just as a caveat -- players can use the asterisk symbol to mean anything they want, but the intent is to show that all the horse's equipment has been found. It is possible you could come across a horse with an asterisk in the equipment field, and the equipment isn't really correct.)

As far as the rest of the comment, "moves like a very nice horse" means the horse is allowance level. (Keep in mind what other players have told you about the gallop level.) The bit about the horse being "at their peak" is a new thing, as of game Year 54, and many of us think it means the horse is at his peak potential now, as opposed to being a "late bloomer" or horse that progresses more gradually. (I have hundreds of horses, and all my 4yo and older horses are showing being "at their peak".)

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you for explaining all that.

I dont want to bombard you with what you might find triv questions

And thank you also Kent.

There is a auction finnishing tomorrow of D Mc Bride.

Hoping to land a couple of above claimers fingers crossed

Would you be willing to apraise them if it happens
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

You can ask the jockey after the race and he will tell you if the equipment is correct.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Would you be willing to apraise them if it happens
By "appraise", if you mean equipment, I just clicked on a few of the horses of racing age in the auction, and they all show equipment with an asterisk, so I think equipment has been found for all those horses.

I did this by looking at the "Past Performance" tab. For each race, after the time of the race, it shows the equipment the horse had.

Let's look at 3yo filly Freshwater Peals. In her most recent race, after the race time of 1:43.87, it says "*,fb,sr". That means she races with front bandages and a shadow roll, and the asterisk means that owner/breeder McBride knows that is the correct equipment for this horse. Freshwater Pearls has this correct equipment going back to her first start, which means it was found before Freshwater Pearls ever raced.

If you look at her Workouts tab, she was working in two pieces with an asterisk by her third workout. So, at that point, both pieces had been found. I can't tell from her History exactly what the chronology was, because only the owner can see the comments in italics.

These are the things you can start looking at for your horses and prospective purchases, in terms of equipment, and if the horse might require further work on your part, if you don't think the equipment is correct.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

You can ask the jockey after the race and he will tell you if the equipment is correct.
Just pointing out to new players that you can't ask the jockey for a race where you weren't the owner of the horse. Once the horse starts racing for you, Ask Jockey is a great tool to find out if the horse has correct equipment.