Miler Explanation

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emkay Stables
Two Year Old

Miler Explanation

Post by Emkay Stables »

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything relevant easily on this question....

I have a "miler", are they only productive at that distance, or can they waver into the 7 furlong or mile 1/8 range?

Also, looking forward... if you happen to breed a miler to a router/sprinter of the same surface, does that cause a "dud"?
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Miler Explanation

Post by Darcy McBride »

Hello, Emkay.

The easiest answer for now is a Miler is a Miler. A Sprinter a Sprinter. A Router a Router. Breed and race like to like.

Having said that, there are some mares and stallions that can produce a "Versatile" runner. For example, a horse that runs Turf Routes and All Weather routes. Or a horse that can run the mile and run short routes.

When you are just getting started in the game and before you have much breeding experience and/or knowledge of the various lines of horses, it is easier to concentrate on running the horse on what it was meant for. Dirt Sprinter in Dirt Sprints, Turf Miler in Turf Miles, so on and so forth.

I hope this helps you some. Feel free to Direct Message me if you have questions. Or sometimes, go into the Chatroom and ask some questions in there. People are usually glad to assist.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED