Quick Start Guide!

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Abby Cooper
Two Year Old

Quick Start Guide!

Post by Abby Cooper »

Hey there, fellow horse enthusiasts! 😄

Following Paul Heinrich's #6 tip from [url="viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18994&p=206090"], I wanted to introduce myself before diving deep into reading and figuring out what on earth I'm doing here!

I'm completely new to this community, referred by an online friend who no longer plays. I hail from Toronto and have been passionately involved with horses since I could take my first steps. My family has always had a hand in the horse racing scene, so I've grown up completely obsessed with it. Now that my direct involvement has lessened, I'm excited to satisfy my horsey "itch" by exploring this online space.

If any of you have must-read tips or recommended reading materials, I would be immensely grateful if you could drop them below. Your wisdom and guidance would be greatly appreciated!
John D'arc
Two Year Old

Re: Quick Start Guide!

Post by John D'arc »

Welcome!

I really recommend Regina Moore articles. Seriously, they're a treasure trove of valuable information.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Abby Cooper
Two Year Old

Post by Abby Cooper »

John D'arc wrote: 9 months ago Welcome!

I really recommend Regina Moore articles. Seriously, they're a treasure trove of valuable information.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Thanks for the welcome, John!

I greatly appreciate your recommendation of Regina Moore's articles. I'll dive right in.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Welcome, Abby. A caution that my articles are very old, and while some of the principles still apply, some specifics can be very outdated. So, make sure you read the FAQs and keep going back to them after you've played for a bit, because they'll make more sense the more you play. Happy Racing!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48616

This videos are helpful too
;p
Mark Castles
Two Year Old

Post by Mark Castles »

Welcome Abby somewhat of only fresh here myself of 7 weeks I think, read up and get amongst it :)
Mark
Mark Castles
Two Year Old

Post by Mark Castles »

Regina Moore wrote: 9 months ago Welcome, Abby. A caution that my articles are very old, and while some of the principles still apply, some specifics can be very outdated. So, make sure you read the FAQs and keep going back to them after you've played for a bit, because they'll make more sense the more you play. Happy Racing!
@Regina

Although some are old, I have definitely found value in them since I started :D

Mark
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Hope you enjoy yourself here like we do, welcome aboard!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Abby Cooper
Two Year Old

Post by Abby Cooper »

Regina Moore wrote: 9 months ago Welcome, Abby. A caution that my articles are very old, and while some of the principles still apply, some specifics can be very outdated. So, make sure you read the FAQs and keep going back to them after you've played for a bit, because they'll make more sense the more you play. Happy Racing!
Thank you!! I've noticed a few things that I've had to go..oops about. That must explain it. So much information but this is answering all of my questions. Thanks so much Regina for compiling all of this knowledge.
Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 9 months ago viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48616

This videos are helpful too
Thank you!!! This is great.
Mark Castles wrote: 9 months ago Welcome Abby somewhat of only fresh here myself of 7 weeks I think, read up and get amongst it :)
Mark
We are stuck in the learning mud.. We will be winners one day!!

Thank you guys for all the welcomes and helpful advice. I've been scouring some claimers and have submitted tickets for some stuff I think I can turn around and make some money! Here is wishing :lol:
Abby Cooper
Two Year Old

Post by Abby Cooper »

Wow - I just purchased simperior. What an amazing amount of info! Good on the administrative team for finding a way to bring in money while also giving players useful tools and information!