Mentoring (please message Mentorship Program)

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Mentoring (please message Ali Hedgestone)

Post by Dave Trainer »

I sent a pm to Ali but it seems to be stuck In my outbox and not in sent messages. Will it still reach her?
Paul O'neill
Sprinter

Post by Paul O'neill »

the two seperate message systems on game and forum confused me at first,sending via the game seems more likely to get answers ,also make sure you have atitle or the message will not go anywhere

Paul
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Thanks Paul, it did have a title. The confusing thing is it says it was sent in the outbox but doesn't appear in sent messages. I'll send a pm in game.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Sorry all! Between work and now my break, I've been totally distracted! I will be sending messages to you all today! I am also working on revamping the Mentorship program. :D
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Red Rum
Two Year Old

Post by Red Rum »

If I could, I would like a mentor. I've been on for about a year, but I still feel like I need help.
Kitsune Obsidian
Two Year Old

Post by Kitsune Obsidian »

I wouldn't mind a mentor at all....After reading about how too much training can injure a horse I'm very wary about what to do next lol. Will PM Ali.
Miki Kuba
Two Year Old

Post by Miki Kuba »

hello looking fo a mentor who will have time for me please
Captain Haymaker
Two Year Old

Post by Captain Haymaker »

I've been playing for a couple weeks. Bought a couple horses and such. I'm ready to learn the game for real. If a mentor is available I'd love to have one.
Roberto Ciccotelli
Sprinter

Post by Roberto Ciccotelli »

Hi i would need a mentor to help me in the game. I speak Italian and English not too advanced. Thanks at all :D
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

Just noticed this post:P
I do want to improve more quickly. So looking for a mentor it would be great if there is one. Thanks!
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Just started a couple of days ago and would love to have a mentor. I'm a tad lost at the moment.
Zenhera Morrow
Two Year Old

Post by Zenhera Morrow »

Hello! I'm a new player in terrible need of a mentor. You see I have managed to injure three horses by over working them and have bought yearlings. I need guidance.

Thank you :)
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

Hello,

Is it possible to get a mentor?

Had a first log in long ago, bud did not played, just restart now and have so much to learn...

Thanks
Jurgen Ver
Leonard Sialeipata
Two Year Old

Post by Leonard Sialeipata »

hiya
just joined sim can you please be my mentor
i am interested in racing and training TB and steeplechasers
leonard the newbie
Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

Post by Michael McGuire »

Hi everyone, my name is Michael. I just signed up and would like a mentor to help me navigate to a good start. Would anyone be interested in helping me? Common first steps would be nice to know.

My interest is in training Thoroughbreds. But after looking over everything in the Help section I still have questions. Like when it comes to training, pinhooking, and raising foals.

Training: Does anyone know if this sim is friendly to training horses in the classic ways like Hall of Fame trainer Preston Burch did with Bold? Or is this sim programed more for the current modern ways of racehorse training? Of course I will test this out myself but it would be nice to know before hand.

Pinhooking: Is it profitable to pinhook a weanling to a yearling? A yearling to a 2-year-old in training? A 2-year-old in training to a 3-year-old? I saw in the Help section that The Steward has 3 Trial By Summer Auctions. Two yearling sales and one 2-year-old in training sale. Are these auctions the best for pinhooking? Do any of you know the average, lowest, and highest prices of these sales? It would be very cool if The Steward could have more types of auctions like Keeneland, OBS, and Fasig-Tipton has. Meaning instead of just yearling and 2-year-olds in training auctions, add a Bloodstock sale, a Racing Age sale, and maybe a Mixed sale. Also perhaps regional actions like Goffs and Tattersalls in Europe currently.

Raising Foals: What are the best practices for raising a weanling to a yearling? Just put them out to pasture? What about yearlings to 2-year-olds in training?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely & Respectfully,
Michael McGuire