Mentoring (please message Mentorship Program)

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Mentoring (please message Mentorship Program)

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I was curious if any of the newer players were interested in having a mentor - a "go to" veteran with questions and advice and if this would help with enjoyment in the game.

If it is something the newer players would be interested in, I would then see if I could get a list of those veterans interested in being a mentor.

Note: Mentoring is primarily for people who have been in the Sim less than 1 Sim year/still eligible for Trial Park for those who have left and come back. I have been getting requests from folks that have been in the Sim for a calendar year and more, and I simply do not have enough mentors to accommodate those requests.
Last edited by Carolyn Eaton 7 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Jayden Miller
Two Year Old

Re: Mentoring

Post by Jayden Miller »

I am definitely interested in something like this! I've only been playing since Sunday, but I've had so many silly questions bouncing around my head that don't feel important enough to ask on the forum. I'd love to have someone I could chat with and get wisdom from. Definitely in.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

wonderful Jayden!- I'm starting to get a list together and I will message you the name of your mentor (message your mentor your name as well ) today.

Good luck in the game!
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

The chat room is a good place to ask silly questions. Just please have read the help sections first, anything you happen to be still confused about you'll most likely be able to get help with.

Mentor's are a really great idea. :) I like to think we old farts can be helpful sometimes.
Chantelle Anderson
Two Year Old

Post by Chantelle Anderson »

I'd love to have a mentor, personally. I just registered today and it's actually VERY confusing. -gawks at mass of things to do- I feel very newbie-ish... So yeah. I would really like to have someone to help me...so I don't make some really stupid mistakes that could have easily been avoided, and so I can really enjoy this game.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

I must say, Carolyn was a HUMONGOUS help to me when I started this game way back when. I can't think of anyone better to start a mentorship program. Seriously, she answered I don't know how many of my stupid questions.

She probably still would!! :)

ETA: Carolyn, you can add me to the list. Thanks!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

And in turn, Leo was a tremendous help to me when I joined! (Also, Bill, Bryan, Paul, Megan, Laura and many others!)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

so far we have 2 newbies desiring mentors who have been matched up - so hopefully things will work well -

I have 8 veterans signed up as mentors thus far, and could definitely use more!

you can reply here or in a message - either is fine!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Carolyn, I would be happy to be a mentor if you need me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I can be a mentor for those interested in Chasing and STB.. i'm not great with the other stuff
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I'd sign up as well. In fact, I'd love to have someone I could send a few horses too, someone with the time to invest into tinkering with equipment and finding good spots, things I can't really do anymore with a stable this size.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

I can be a mentor as well. I'm not so hot with Thoroughbreds, but I can help newbies who wish to dive head-first into Paints and some of the other mixed breeds! =)
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Skyla Tate
Classic Contender

Post by Skyla Tate »

I could be one, but I'm still not very good with the game yet.
Kris Bobby
Classic Contender

Post by Kris Bobby »

I've been here for 9 months, and am still in need of a mentor!
RELAX, it's Just a Game
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

If anyone has any questions about AW breeding, or wanted to get into the circuit, let me know. :D

Also Appys, but Rob Kilbourn might be a better choice there.