Mixed Up Program

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Mixed Up Program

Post by Chris Everett »

I am taking the queue from Eric's New Player Program here. Same rules apply.

The Mixed Up Program is a program that provides new players with the opportunity to win well-bred yearlings as a reward for strong performance with Mixer. Each week there are races designated as eligible races at different mixer tracks. If you win one of these races you'll receive an offer for a free yearling within a few weeks. You can win one horse in the first half of a SIM year and one in the second half of a SIM year for a maximum of 2 horses from the program total. In the event that the winner of a race has already received their maximum number of horses from the program for that time period, the trainer of the second-place finisher will receive the horse - if the second place finisher is also ineligible, it will drop to the 3rd place finisher, etc.

To view the horses eligible to be distributed through the program, search for yearlings owned by the stable "Mixed Up Program" You'll find many breeds represented, so take advantage of this opportunity to try for a well-bred free horse. Note that if you do win a race, requests are not considered as far as which prize horse you win - horses are assigned to winners at random. Please direct any questions about the program to Chris Everett (sponsor of the program).

**Keep in mind this is a new program going on and we/I will try to keep up with things. Thank you. Also, this will be starting slow so there might be only 1 race every Wednesday to start until we get things rolling. It will be in a different breed race to give everyone a chance.

Year 33 Week 2 (Wed 10pm) Mixed Up Downs (WI) Condition: Good. Race 20 - 350 yards. Dirt. Paint. "Mixed Up Program Msw." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Maiden Special Weight. Purse $25,000 (10 points) - Ali Hedgestone
Year 33 Week 3 (Wed 10pm) Ruidoso Raceway (NM) Condition: Fast. Race 34 - 2 miles. Dirt. Arabian. "Mixed Up Arabian Endurance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Allowance. - No one entered
Year 33 Week 4 (Wed 10pm) The Meadowfields (NJ) Condition: Fast. Race 9 - 1 mile. Dirt. Standardbred-Trotter. "Mixed Up Trotter Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Allowance. - Pekka Malmberg
Year 33 Week 5 (Wed 10pm) Mixed Up Downs (WI) Condition: Muddy. Race 10 - 350 yards. Dirt. Quarter Horse. "Mixed Up Qh Sprint Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Allowance. - Meghan Mandi
Year 33 Week 6 (Wed 10pm) Mixed Up Downs (WI) Condition: Good. Race 7 - 870 yards. Dirt. Appaloosa. "Mixed Up Appy Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Allowance. - Meghan Mandi - won already in the first 8 weeks - no give away for either entry.
Year 33 Week 7 (Wed 10pm) The Meadowfields (NJ) Condition: Fast. Race 12 - 1 mile. Dirt. Standardbred-Pacer. "Mixed Up Pace Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Allowance.
Year 33 Week 8 (Wed 10pm) Tulsa Park (OK) Condition: Muddy. Race 85 - 400 yards. Dirt. Paint. "Mixed Up Paint 400 Yd Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Colts and Geldings. Allowance.
Year 33 Week 9 (Wed 10pm) Tulsa Park (OK) Condition: Fast. Race 85 - 2 miles. Dirt. Arabian. "Mixed Up Open Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. 3 year olds and up. Allowance.
Year 33 Week 10 (Wed 10pm) Tulsa Park (OK) Condition: Sloppy. Race 85 - 350 yards. Dirt. Quarter Horse. "Mixed Up Open Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. 3 year olds and up. Maiden Special Weight.

Year 33 Week 11 (Wed 10pm) Mixed Up Downs (WI) Condition: Fast. Race 10 - 330 yards. Dirt. Quarter Horse. "Mixed Up Qh Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. 3 year olds and up. Allowance. NEW
Year 33 Week 12 (Wed 10pm) Maroon Mile (KY) Condition: Fast. Race 23 - 1 mile. Dirt. Standardbred-Trotter. "Mixed Up Allowance." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. 4 year olds and up. Allowance. NEW
Last edited by Chris Everett 11 years ago, edited 16 times in total.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: Mixed Up Program

Post by Chris Everett »

Can i get this sticky please?
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I want to send out thanks to Patrick O for the pair of lovely trotters :)
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

No problems, although I have a feeling that colt is going to come back and haunt me.

When it comes to horses and gallops, I'd say well-bred wings fillies might be good enough donations for most breeds. Horses like this one for instance would be useful for a newbie
It's alive!
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I'll be sending over some Arabian yearlings later in the year. Do you want any two year old Arabians though?
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

I think 2yo Arabians are the way to go, it's a long time waiting for a yearling to turn 3 :)
It's alive!
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

I would encourage everyone to send over horses that are ready to race. Waiting a year for a horse to run kinda sucks, unless it's like week 15 or something.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I'm all for it I just know the main idea was to send you horses. :P I could do 3 year olds too though.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I'd perfer not to do ready to race only because sprinters given out later in the year means they dont get the time to run and miss out on stuff. Hense why yearlings or 2 yr old arabs. This gives the new players time to ask questions about their new horses.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Alright I can do that then. :P
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Thank you Talia. I have a few horses, some i sent from stakes winning mares myself. I want to thank Brandon Cashell for the lovely gift of QHs. I still need donations of paints some more arabs and appys if anyone is willing to part with good stock for the new folks. Thanks.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Year 33 Week 2 (Wed 10pm) Mixed Up Downs (WI) Condition: Good. Race 20 - 350 yards. Dirt. Paint. "Mixed Up Program Msw." Sponsored by Mixed Up Program. New Players Only. 3 year olds and up. Maiden Special Weight. Purse $25,000 (10 points)

Ok first race up for week 2 is a Paint sprinter open race. Any gender and ages from 3 and older. Guys if you have a paint sprinter, enter them in :) This is your chance for a nice or well bred yearling mixer of any breed.
Kinclaire Farm
Miler

Post by Kinclaire Farm »

How is this going to work for those of us who's new player status expires halfway through the year? For example, I started at the very end of March so mine expires 2012-08-19.
Kinclaire Farm
Moriarty -- Steward's Cup winning Paint Sprinter
Visionary Leader -- Steward's Cup winning Arabian Router
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

If you win a horse and then week 8 has passed and yoru status is now intermediate, nothing happens. There will be 1 race every week and that will be 7 horses given out up to that point. Rules are following the D2d program. no more than 1 win in the first half of the season.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Hurry up, there is a 3 and up paint sprinter race added in. This is a chance to win a nice mixer to add to your barn.