Mixed Up Program

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Re: Mixed Up Program

Post by J K Rowling »

DONORS: CURRENT LIST OF HORSES IN PROGRAM HERE
Last edited by J K Rowling 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

thank you Julie.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

And I want to thank Julie K for the nice pair of fillies she's sent. It looks like this program will be reving up for its first year. I hope to see this continue. Thank you everyone who's donated so far. As i said, if you have a plethora of mixer wows and dont want them bouncing, please consider donating to the program. Thank you.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Congratulations Ali Hedgestone and Shock Me Princess. And please??? Can someone sticky this?
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Thank you Chris for running this. Honestly, I am shocked she won! :)
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Hey, there was a race set up for tonight but no one entered so your shot at a nice yearling just went by. There is a trotter race coming up week 4 guys, toss your horses in, come on if you want a nice mixer. Otherwise this will be the only time this will run because of lack of intrest :(
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Congratulations Ali! This http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=327249& is your gift from the very first race. Guys if you are a new player, check, there are some races in the future. Most are open for any gender and most are Allowances which means any horse can enter it. We are giving you the chance for a free good mixer. The race from week 3 never got any entries into it. The race from week 4 still has no entries. Look for them. Look into the trotters races, i set up a open allowance. Get your horse in so you get a chance at a nice horse.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Thank you so much!
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Kinclaire Farm
Miler

Post by Kinclaire Farm »

Congrats Ali! Looks like you have two nice horses there!

I know this has been addressed briefly already, but at some point will it be possible to run two races a week, considering there are so many breeds involved? I know a lot of people concentrate on one breed in particular, so it makes it hard to enter a lot of the races. For example, I focus on QHs, other people on Arabs, etc. So until there are races for QHs, it is unlikely that I will have something to run unless I go out and buy it (like I just did for the Trotter race).

Another question I had regards the assignment of horses to winners. I know we can't pick what horse we get, but could we possibly pick the breed? If I win one of the races, for example, I would want a QH. That is the area where I know the most, and it's also the side of my stable I am working hard to develop. Consequently, it would be much more beneficial for me to get a QH than a Pacer, of which I have no interest in racing or breeding.

Lastly, adjacent with this program, I think it would be hugely beneficial for newbies to get a mentor within the breed(s) they are most interested in. From what I have seen of the larger mentoring program, it is focused more on TB racing than mixers. So, it might be really useful to start a mentoring program specifically for mixers. Maybe veteran players could volunteer and a list could be posted, sorted by breed, and stickied so newbies know who they can go to with questions?
Kinclaire Farm
Moriarty -- Steward's Cup winning Paint Sprinter
Visionary Leader -- Steward's Cup winning Arabian Router
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Meghan, thank you for your thoughtful questions and let me at least answer a few. How a horse is picked for the winners is a random roll of breed then another random roll for the horse. While i understand where you are coming from this program is not one general breed but all breeds. To keep it fair because there is a mix of nice galloping horses, i do have to roll randomly to keep it fair for all. Right now its not possible yet for multiple races because i just don't have the stock for that. The mixer program is getting by with generous donations from mixer breeders. I would love to see Lee and Kya donate good stock too but I can't force them to lol So having more than one race a week is not going to happen right now. I am sorry about that. I do like the idea of mentors for the mixers but that one, well have to see if anyone's interested.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I've started to update the first post with the most current running races. Thanks.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Congratulation Pekka Malmberg for winning the week 4 trot

Added a new race for week 6. Please see the first post for details. Breed of week 6 is Appys
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Congratulations to Meghan Mandi for her win in the Week 5 Mixed Up race.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Ok guys keep in mind you can only win one horse in the first 8 weeks so if you enter another Mixed Up race, you will not recieve anything if you win. And if anyone has appys, please do enter into http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=294434 for your chance at a nice mixer. Right now I only have Ali and Meghan entered into the appy race and both have already won in the first 8 week section. We need more new players with appys entering. So please go ahead and have fun.