Race Previews of New Players!

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Meg Molin
Sprinter

Race Previews of New Players!

Post by Meg Molin »

Hey All! Just a quick note to say 'check out the New Player race previews'! I thought we needed a little celebration of all the new players who have entered their first stakes races!

Huzzah!
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Re: Race Previews of New Players!

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Thanks for writing them. I enjoyed your two year old maiden article. I'm one who subscribes to not dumping yearlings simply b/c they're below wings in terms of gallops. If I'd done that when I started out, who'd be left to race and earn money? :P

Quite a few can do quite well and some do mature if not necessarily from "okay" to "scary" all the time, at least enough to become even better money earners.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Meg Molin
Sprinter

Post by Meg Molin »

I love that aspect of the game - that some horses can grow in experience and ability as they get older - heck, in the real world, look at Cigar. He hit his stride as an older horse! And that some are brilliant 2 year olds that just sort of ... fizzle.

I think it's fun to see where horses run, and at the moment, I'm cool with owning a majority of claimers. It seems like even a lot of my 'wings' horses are mostly competitive in the higher claimers, and not even really up to allowance standards.

I just realized I had my first **headdesk: newbie** moment. In reviewing my entries for tonight's races, I realized I mis-calculated my 'Year Switch', and I'm running a horse a few days before the two week mark. Darn the man. I guess that's why it's called being a 'newbie'. BUMMER, because it's too late to scratch him. It was my first time entering 100 horses in races, and YIKES is that a large number. Sad days. Time to hope he doesn't get injured, and time to go review the rest of tomorrow's entries to make sure I didn't do the same thing anywhere else!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

yeah I also did a lot of mistakes first time I set my horses up for races this week but fotunately i saw them i manage to fix them i hope
Meg Molin
Sprinter

Post by Meg Molin »

last "year" I only had about 20/30 horses, because I had a lot of yearlings... 100 is a lot different. I need to find a system so that I don't make the same mistake again next "year"!