Newb :)

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Crysta Correa
Two Year Old

Newb :)

Post by Crysta Correa »

Hello!

I will start off by noting how friendly this game's community seems so far.
I have very little experience with this type of SIM. I have played several others, of the many floating around but nothing quite like this. I am looking forward to learning and playing. Hopefully I will get the hang of things and become successful!

Per reading some of the forums, it will look like I will need to work on my patience to get there haha!
Dorothy Mann
Two Year Old

Re: Newb :)

Post by Dorothy Mann »

Hello. I am new to but I love this community.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

stick with it. I joined the game 6+ years ago thinking I'd stick with it for a couple weeks. Its a game of incremental change, unless you get extremely lucky, so dont be down if it takes awhile for your barn to improve. 2 real life years in I had about 5 or 6 star mares, somehow I now have over 50, most of which are homebreds. It takes time but this game gets really fun.

Take full advantage of trial park and junior high. Once they are gone you really miss them. Go out and acquire a horse for as many trial park and junior high races as you possibly can. Once you graduate and dont have races for those horses you've acquired get rid of them as fast as you can. Nothing sucks the fun out more than trying to win races with horses that should be in Greener Pastures. Also, read, a lot. And listen to the Steward podcasts with Scott Eiland if those are still available. Im still learning new things all the time, it's a complex game.

Good luck and welcome to the SIM!

cheers,

Andrew.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Welcome to the game! Like Andrew said, it’s a slow progression game :) so stick with it!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Alyssa Meyers
Two Year Old

Post by Alyssa Meyers »

Welcome! I’m pretty new here as well and the community has been fantastic! Lots of people to answer questions!
Jack Ball
Two Year Old

Post by Jack Ball »

Crysta Correa wrote: 5 years ago Hello!

I will start off by noting how friendly this game's community seems so far.
I have very little experience with this type of SIM. I have played several others, of the many floating around but nothing quite like this. I am looking forward to learning and playing. Hopefully I will get the hang of things and become successful!

Per reading some of the forums, it will look like I will need to work on my patience to get there haha!
Hi,ive been here about six weeks now and everyone as been amazing,i can really recommend the chatroom and taking the plunge introducing yourself,certainly don't be afraid to ask because if you don't know you don't know and these players have years of experience