injuries

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Robert Goldsmith
Two Year Old

injuries

Post by Robert Goldsmith »

Robert Goldsmith: My horse Admiral porter fractured his foreleg and will be off till next year. I probabley should have ask this first. I pensioned this horse. the only was to keep, send to greener pastures or pension. I didn't want to send it to greener pastures injured. What should I have done? I undid the retire.
4 hours ago

Robert Goldsmith: My horse Admiral porter fractured his foreleg and will be off till next year. I probabley should have ask this first. I pensioned this horse. the only was to keep, send to greener pastures or pension. I didn't want to send it to greener pastures injured. What should I have done?
4 hours ago

Robert Goldsmith: I undid the retire.

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: injuries

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

How you proceed when a horse gets injured depends on what you want to do with the horse. If it was a promising horse and you wanted to race it again when it was healthy you sould just do nothing. If it was a horse you didn't think was worth waiting to get healthy you would just send the horse to greener pastures (this gives the horse to Alexandra Jaysman). If you don't want to wait for the horse to get healthy but are sentimentally attached to it you can retire it. When geldings are retired they are also automatically pensioned (pensioned means the horse can't be used for breeding which is always true for geldings) and you won't be charged a daily fee for pensioned horses so they are cheaper.

Looking at that particular horse I would recommend simply sending it to Greener Pastures. It does not look special enough to warrent paying board on it for a year when it has no potential to make you money during that time. One thing to be aware of for established players it costs $1,000 to send a horse 3yo or younger to greener pastures. I don't know if that is waived for new players. For me there is a warning about the $1,000 fee right next to the link to send to greener pastures. If you don't see said warning you should be good to go. If you do see it you can send me the horse for free (go to sell, lease or offer horse and then choose offer privately) and I can GP it for you so you don't have to pay the $1,000.

Also while you didn't ask I can comment on why the horse was injured in the first place. It looks like you were working it between races. This was an adjustment I had when I first started playing the sim but basically if you are racing a horse every 2-3 weeks you do not need to do any training between races and doing so will make the horse too tired thus causing it to get hurt.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Robert Goldsmith
Two Year Old

Re: injuries

Post by Robert Goldsmith »

thank you. If I wait till the beginning of the new year the horse will be 4 and won't cost me anything.