Uh hello!

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cosmic Soul
Two Year Old

Uh hello!

Post by Cosmic Soul »

I am a new player, just been playing for about a week and I think I'm doing pretty well despite not really knowing what I'm doing sometimes.

My frist horse came in second in race so I think I'm doing alright.

I want to know if these are good times for my other two horses, 1.14.54 and 1.14.71
Those times are of a workout of 6 furlongs in all weather.

(I tired to post this before but the internet gave out so I don't know if it sent the first time lol)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Uh hello!

Post by Carole Hanson »

Welcome! Would you be able to post links to the horses? I don’t think those times are any good unfortunately but the horses might have a preference for a different surface.

You should also make sure that if you are racing a horse regularly (every 2 or 3 weeks, you shouldn’t race them every week or they will get injured) that you don’t train them in between. They will get too tired and risk getting injured as well as running poorly.

My big tip would be to read tons of new player articles and look at the new player section in the forum, there are tons of helpful posts there!
Cosmic Soul
Two Year Old

Post by Cosmic Soul »

@Carole Hanson
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ok so the first 2yo you linked appears to be a chaser, teach the horse to jump and see what the trainer says. Anything above Allowance is great!

The second horse you’ve linked is a dirt router. Her sire and dam both ran their best races on the dirt 1 1/16 miles and up. So for a dirt router you would use 5, 6 and 7F workouts on dirt to gauge their ability (you can also use the gallop function which tells you roughly how good that horse is at the moment. The gallop comments from worst to best are:
Different Career
Claimer
Solid
Productive
Allowance
Stakes
Freak)

Actually that’s fine because your filly is getting 2 weeks rest, however it appears her sire’s best progeny ran well on dirt rather than turf which is what you’re currently running her on. But she does appear to be a sprinter so you got the distance right for sure!
Cosmic Soul
Two Year Old

Post by Cosmic Soul »

Ah! Thank you! I'll be sure to do that!