Not sure where to put this..

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Not sure where to put this..

Post by Hazel Anthony »

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot- not sure where else to put it :oops:

I would really appreciate it if one of the veteran players could take me under their wing and teach me about breeding :) I'm awfully curious about all aspects of it, and I am definitely no expert. If someone would be willing to come on chat once in a while (or chat via messages) and teach me about breeding (pedigrees, hypos, building your own lines, the stud book, mares, etc.) on the Sim, I'd be awfully grateful :)
Please message me in the game if you would be willing to do this, thank you so very much! :)
Hazel
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Not sure where to put this..

Post by Jo Ferris »

What breeds/divisions are you planning to breed? I love breeding and am happy to teach others, but I'm specialized to only mixers
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago What breeds/divisions are you planning to breed? I love breeding and am happy to teach others, but I'm specialized to only mixers
I've loved Turf Sprinters ever since I first joined the game :) I'd love to get into them and Turf Milers probably as well! Of course, who doesn't want to get into dirt routers, but I know that's pretty unrealistic right now anyway ;) I'm totally open to learning about mixers though as well! I've got quite a few Appy sprinters thanks to another really nice player :)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Mentor Program
Two Year Old

Post by Mentor Program »

Hi Hazel,
Even though you are an intermediate player now, the mentor program can still assign someone to you who can help you with breeding, particularly for turf thoroughbreds if you’re interested?

PM in game if you’re interested :)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I'd be happy to help, but for the next five weeks or so I'm pretty unavailable. If you don't mind waiting, I can try to be of service!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago I'd be happy to help, but for the next five weeks or so I'm pretty unavailable. If you don't mind waiting, I can try to be of service!
No, I don't mind waiting at all! :) I totally understand being busy :) Thank you so much for offering to help!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS