Unfilled Maiden Turf Sprints

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Unfilled Maiden Turf Sprints

Post by Regina Moore »

This time of year, there's a lot of 3yo+ turf sprint maiden races throughout the world that have few or no entries, since most turf sprinters have already broken their maidens. If you can find some dollar maiden horses, or otherwise very cheap maiden horses, on the sales page to put into these races, that will be an instant profit. Some of the races have more than the standard 10k-15k maiden purses. As of this writing, there's one being run this Friday in Japan for fillies with a $35,000 purse and there aren't any entries! There's also one for fillies being run this coming Monday at Trial Park that doesn't yet have any entries.

Here's the list I came up with from the search page. The list includes all maiden 3yo+ turf sprint races taking entries, so I would only hone in on those that are being run in the near future, since there's less chance of more horses entering.

If you go looking for sales horses to buy for these races, make sure they're maidens and that they haven't been retired yet. They don't even have to be turf sprinters -- you'll earn money if you don't have any competition or just another horse or two to compete against.

If you'd like to do your own searching for races with small fields, here's an article that I wrote years ago.