Curiosity Kills...sometimes

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
William Cintron
Two Year Old

Curiosity Kills...sometimes

Post by William Cintron »

Many months ago I played here and everything was dandy until my race entries started to return to me...cancelled...about 80% of them. Spoke to my mentor at that time and she didn't know what was wrong so I left as this had also put me in doubt with stables that were helping me out with 2 y.o stakes runners and others as the qualifying stakes entries for those horses were also returned to me despite having been shipped 4-7 days in advance. Disgruntled..I left the game and my horses were deleted and stable finances down to -42k. I figured it was a bug on my account so I've never dared come back but still wonder what happened and if anyone else has gone through a similar situation? Many cyberhugs to all and thanks for your time.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Curiosity Kills...sometimes

Post by Regina Moore »

This is something you should have asked about at the time it was happening. You can use the "Contact Us" button on any SIM page and asked the admins what happened. You could also have posted here on the forum, giving at least one horse name as an example, and other players could have helped. Since your mentor couldn't determine a reason for the scratch, I'm surprised he or she didn't encourage you to use the Contact Us button, or ask themselves on your behalf.

Of course, without an example or details of the circumstances, none of us can help right now. All I can do is point out the FAQ on scratches, in case you haven't read it: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16418

I vaguely recall having a horse scratched from a race a few years ago that was a glitch, and it was corrected as soon as I contacted The Steward. I don't recall those specific circumstances and it was just one horse.

A looong time ago, I had about a dozen horses scratched at once, and it was because they were entered at Premium Park, which is only for SIMperior subscribers and my subscription had lapsed. I also know players who cross over from New Player to Junior Player, and their horses entered at Trial Park are scratched because they're no longer eligible.

I'm sending you some cash via private mail to get in you in the black.
William Cintron
Two Year Old

Yeah I had read that link plenty of times Regina and still couldn't figure it out. The reason I didn't contact Steward is because there was a notice on there that said something to the effect of them not being able to answer all inquiries due to sheer volume and I needed help right away. I'm sure my mentor did advise me to contact the Steward, who is great with these things, but I figured she was probably too busy so I stayed put.
Thanks for the cash but I'm not sure the bug is gone so I'm wary of stepping forward.
I had about 30-50 horses cancelled by the way so I was very angry at the time as well.
Had it been my error which it was in a minority of the cases, I would've admitted it and even written an article on the matter but I just couldn't figure it out.
Thanks for the help and being of help to everyone here.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

William, sorry you had those issues but I have a couple questions. Were your horses on the AE (That means the race is full and your horse is on the waiting list so to speak)list at the time the entries closed? If so they would have been scratched. I've had a couple of mine do that honestly.

But if you ever have any questions feel free to PM in game and I'll try my best to help you.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
William Cintron
Two Year Old

No I cheked that too Louise. I think I'll just try a couple of mules and see what happens.._._.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You can always message me. Something like that is an emergency and not "I had an idea, we should have unicorn racing!".... I would love to help you out!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
William Cintron
Two Year Old

Thx Steward...my mistake all I had to do was put an emergency title on it....sniff....lost all my horses because of this...next time I'll make sure to write.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

really? You're doing an awful amount of writing now when you should have done an awful amount of writing THEN. The SIM helps those who help themselves.
James Selby
Sprinter

Post by James Selby »

Just guessing, and maybe not related. But remembering back to when I was a newbie I had a similar experience. When I got upgraded from newbie to junior player, all my entries were canceled and returned to me. Can't remember if I gave the Steward a ear bashing or discovered what went wrong myself.
William Cintron
Two Year Old

Hmmm...could be James...could be. Maybe we both missed the fine print somewhere.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

William Cintron wrote: 4 years ago Yeah I had read that link plenty of times Regina and still couldn't figure it out. The reason I didn't contact Steward is because there was a notice on there that said something to the effect of them not being able to answer all inquiries due to sheer volume and I needed help right away. I'm sure my mentor did advise me to contact the Steward, who is great with these things, but I figured she was probably too busy so I stayed put.
Thanks for the cash but I'm not sure the bug is gone so I'm wary of stepping forward.
I had about 30-50 horses cancelled by the way so I was very angry at the time as well.
Had it been my error which it was in a minority of the cases, I would've admitted it and even written an article on the matter but I just couldn't figure it out.
Thanks for the help and being of help to everyone here.
If it was a bug it would have affected lots of players. If its a mass scratching its almost certainly due to moving from new to junior or junior to intermediate.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

I'm almost 100% sure the scratching issue is actually a shipping issue. Specifically, the horses were not at the track 24 hours before post time.

If you don't have Simperior, you have to manually ship each horse, one by one, before and after a race. If they don't get to the track in time, the computer scratches the horses. It's an easy step to forget as a new player and a step that the veterans with Simperior often forget. When I was a new player there were multiple times where I thought I had shipped the horses but in actuality had not. It's easy to forget and think you did it when you didn't.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
William Cintron
Two Year Old

No Brandon..thx but horses were shipped ahead of time. I took into account the geolocation etc. I always had simperior as well and made sure it wasn't about to expire before renewing.
I'm leaning more towards what Dave Trainer is saying...could be the ascension issue from new player to junior .
Last edited by William Cintron 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 4 years ago I'm almost 100% sure the scratching issue is actually a shipping issue. Specifically, the horses were not at the track 24 hours before post time.

If you don't have Simperior, you have to manually ship each horse, one by one, before and after a race. If they don't get to the track in time, the computer scratches the horses. It's an easy step to forget as a new player and a step that the veterans with Simperior often forget. When I was a new player there were multiple times where I thought I had shipped the horses but in actuality had not. It's easy to forget and think you did it when you didn't.
He said he shipped them 4-7 days in advanced.

I would also say it’s the New to Junior player change over. I think you get a week overlap, and anything past that would have gotten scratched.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
William Cintron
Two Year Old

Thx Rochelle for the info.