Sponsored 500K Turf Router Race - Trial Park

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Sponsored 500K Turf Router Race - Trial Park

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Week 16 I will be sponsoring a 500K Turf Router race (3 yr and older any gender) at Trial Park to give our newer members something to really look forward to while the more experenced compete for Steward Cups. Please note I haven't leased any Stakes gallopers to any new players that would qualify for the race so I don't have an agenda. Just trying to give back a little. Thanks and good luck.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1424222
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Sponsored 500K Turf Router Race - Trial Park

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Whoah!
yeah
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

My money is on the recently (conveniently?) leased Stewardbred....
Lily Miles March
Miler

Post by Lily Miles March »

Oh well, just as long as there isn't a scheme to siphon winnings away from new players who really need the boost... wait...
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Well the owner of the horse at the time of the race gets the purses so I don't see an issue here.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago Well the owner of the horse at the time of the race gets the purses so I don't see an issue here.
So your also ok with a player leasing out horses for a one off race so players can get more than 3 entries in the main events?.

Aside from that, this ONE race lease was clearly a quick way to get the horse a G1 win and over the $350k stud threshhold.
Hell, the ink ain't even dry on the results and the horse is back in the leasee's posession.
She wanted it that bad, she could have made her own race and raced it herself, right?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm JUST saying that its nice that the new player got a chance at a big race and the purse! And you don't know what her "motives" were. Maybe the new player asked around for a horse to run in the race. I've actually had players do that and I've sent them horses. I also had a not new player ask for a horse for a race and I sent her..him or whatever it is over and the horse won a graded stake. I also gave Mark a bunch to run at TP including a Steward bred because he seems a legit good newbie and I'd like to see him stick around.. ANNNND that means I don't have to actually run them myself.lol So its a win win for both of us. I just don't see why we always have to go to the worst case every single time something goes down without knowing everything. Chill out its Steward Cup week
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Oh hi! It’s me, the person who leased a new player a nice horse for a race.

I have no control over when the person returned the horse to me. As a new player(and even now) I return horses after their last race of the year with me...why would I pay the board (and daily) fee for the rest of the year?

I thought I was being nice in leasing a horse to a new player...as a new player I would actually SEARCH for horses that would be good for a race and seek out the owners asking if I could lease the horse for the one race. Many leased them to me.

Unless he magically improves over break I will likely be leasing him to another new player for next year. Maybe a contest is in order...Or maybe I shouldn’t since how I train my horses is apparently not up to me, but up to the masses.

People do the same thing all the time. I was tired of his “I only kinda wanna win some Allowance races” attitude, so Ieased him to a new player so they could have a little fun in TP. I can’t count how many times people did the same thing with me when I was in TP. Do you think people leased me horses that they could get to win stakes outside of TP? No.

And just because he hit the stud threshold doesn’t mean I’m going to pay the $50k to stand him...he’s a TR. Would you send your mares to a stud who struggled to win Allowance races outside of TP?

So before you go off on someone about what they do with their horses why don’t you ask before trashing their decisions on the forum. Especially when I was just trying to give someone a fun experience...
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

No rules were broken. New players can ask veteran players to lease horses. Veteran players can lease new players horses. I know all the parties involved and they are all separate humans living in separate parts of the country just playing the SIM.

I think we can all agree this horse will never be a stallion (Rickman x Abandon Ship, and no better than a G3 winner?).

Thanks Ryan for the race!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

And just like that, he’s going to be gelded LOL
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I really should stay out of this. Having said that - here I go diving in. I remember this sort of trading going on when I was a JR player and it left a sour taste in my mouth. I apologize to ALL involved because I am sure nothing other than trying to help someone out was involved. But if you are a new player and maybe dont have a veteran best buddy, or maybe dont find that one super generous player, than you do not have an even playing field. I think it would be really nice, but likely impossible, to make these races claiming stakes - ie if it has a high purse, it also has a claiming tag attached of maybe say, 150,000. Then all the over qualified horses stay out and let the new players duke it out with their newbie horses. Any overqualified newbie horses that have been acquired by luck, friendship, or generous donor, have every right to enter in races other than Trial Park where they are also competitive. Maybe all Trial Park races, including all stakes, should be high end claiming races, claimable only by players able to use Trail Park??
Mark Markson
Sprinter

Post by Mark Markson »

I’m generally quiet and not much of a poster, but I feel the need to add my two cents... (pause, not attitude)

Ryan - Mission accomplished. You set this race up with your own (real) money so we Newbies could join in the SC Week excitement. I can’t speak for any others, but I think it was very exciting. Yes, placing and winning $110k at TP is great so it’s easy for me to say, but I believe the real excitement was the anticipation and lead-up to the race. I appreciate your generosity to think of, and include Newbies in the week of fun.
Tony Baker
Sprinter

Post by Tony Baker »

Thankyou Ryan for creating that race. Congratulations to the prizemoney earners. I was surprised how nervous i felt as the results were about to come thru :D
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

I was more than happy to sponsor the race. I'm not sure why there had to be any issues but as always someone takes issue with something. I even saw the race referred to as a G1 which is was not. It was a listed stakes race for $100k that anyone can sponsor for 6000 GP. The other $400k of the purse came out of my sim cash.

In the end, the race accomplished it's goals as it gave the new players some excitement which is why we all play the game. Second, if the new players reached out and leased horses specifically for the race then that was another goal achieved. Reaching out to experienced players is a critical aspect of the sim for any new player. I can't begin to tell you how many questions Regina Moore, Randall Allen, Lori Hamill, and even the legendary Eric Nalbone answered for me when I started the sim. It's all about building relationships and being a community. Lastly, all but $45000 in purse money went to new players and the breeder reward was to the Steward so money out the game. win/win
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

It is a shame that people like Ryan with good intentions get attacked on the forum, especially while trying to help new players.

Instead of being bitter about this, people honestly should be happy for the new players that got this money boost. I have leased players super nice horses in the past to get them a boost in funds, very similar to what Rochelle did. I will be honest, if I had noticed that race I would have sent a new player I am currently helping a horse to run in that race.

A couple hundred thousand dollars could make it where a newer player could buy a nice mare or put a bid on a Stewardbred. Let's quit all the hating and try to encourage some new players to stick around with incentives like this, because let's face it the 100K they start out with wont really get new players very far.

I will end by saying this....
Do we really want to see another new player barn dispersal or would we like to see some new faces in the winners circle?