A good example of what not to do

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

A good example of what not to do

Post by Randall Allen »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1102522
New players, here is what not to do. Billy worked this horse almost to death.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: A good example of what not to do

Post by Gwayne's World »

Randall Allen wrote: 4 years ago https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1102522
New players, here is what not to do. Billy worked this horse almost to death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrpWZOZivio
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

I would guess that it was an attempt to get the second gallop piece
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I expect there is a rationale here. The horse can't start until middle of next year, being a miler. The injury won't significantly impact its preparation for its race career. Meanwhile, a big part of Billy's gameplay is pinhooking, so trying to find a confirmed second piece is likely worth more than a few weeks off. Once that second piece is found, he can do a timed work so hopefully there won't be any 'dud' works on the horse's sheet (from trying to find a second piece that way), and there's still time for the new buyer to prep the horse for the miler debut races mid season. I expect it's all part of a marketing strategy.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 4 years ago I expect there is a rationale here. The horse can't start until middle of next year, being a miler. The injury won't significantly impact its preparation for its race career. Meanwhile, a big part of Billy's gameplay is pinhooking, so trying to find a confirmed second piece is likely worth more than a few weeks off. Once that second piece is found, he can do a timed work so hopefully there won't be any 'dud' works on the horse's sheet (from trying to find a second piece that way), and there's still time for the new buyer to prep the horse for the miler debut races mid season. I expect it's all part of a marketing strategy.
Except horses coming back from injury are 100% unfit so workout time won’t be as fast
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Gigi Gofaster wrote: 4 years ago I expect there is a rationale here. The horse can't start until middle of next year, being a miler. The injury won't significantly impact its preparation for its race career. Meanwhile, a big part of Billy's gameplay is pinhooking, so trying to find a confirmed second piece is likely worth more than a few weeks off. Once that second piece is found, he can do a timed work so hopefully there won't be any 'dud' works on the horse's sheet (from trying to find a second piece that way), and there's still time for the new buyer to prep the horse for the miler debut races mid season. I expect it's all part of a marketing strategy.
Except horses coming back from injury are 100% unfit so workout time won’t be as fast
Unless he trains the horse again before the work. I was only offering a response to those wondering what the rationale might be for working a horse like this. I’m not condoning or disparaging what Billy did, just someone asked why he worked the horse like this and I’m offering a possible explanation. But it’s really none of my business.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.