Races

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Paul Ficuzza
Two Year Old

Races

Post by Paul Ficuzza »

How many weeks should the horses rest between races?

Thanks
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Races

Post by Regina Moore »

The general guideline is 14-21 days. A lot depends on the horse's soundness level. (You can ask the veterinarian for a $500 fee [for newbies] if the soundness isn't already known.) Also, horses rest faster at farms between races. Plus, if you get him a companion animal (goat or cat) for 750 game points, that helps him recover from races slightly faster.

Most horses can be expected to race six to seven times a game year, which is 16 weeks long. Some can do eight races a year without any problem, but again, that would likely be a horse that is "very sound" and is getting farm rest between races.

For "very unsound" horses, I usually give them a full 21 days between races. Sometimes, I'll go 2.5 weeks, but never two races in a row.

For "somewhat unsound" horses, they can be fully rested after 14 days, but not for two races in a row. In all cases, I'm referring to horses that are shipped to a farm between races.

FAQ on Soundness
Paul Ficuzza
Two Year Old

Re: Races

Post by Paul Ficuzza »

Thanks Regina :)